Sunday, 9 August 2009

Sepia Tilda

Last night I remembered what card making is all about. I had such fun making this card. I loved every minute of picking the papers & image, colouring and embellishing it. Seems to me that sometimes all the stresses of life spill over into my crafting and I forget to just have fun. I'm going to try to leave the stresses at the craft room door from now on.

So here's the card that was a joy to make. It's for the Just Magnolia challenge this week. There is a wonderful sketch by Martine to follow. I went for a full on sepia effect on this card and I actually quite like the result. I went mad and even coloured the image using distress ink! I think I've improved on my last attempt at doing that.
Items used:
Papermania Exquisite papers
Tim Holtz distress ink: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo
Stamps: Magnolia, Hampton Arts (Happy Place sentiment) Anita's (Leaf), Clare Curd's signature Range (Small Sentiment).

This card will be heading your way tomorrow Kim - as a small thank you for keeping me happy by continually visiting my blog through the difficult time I've been having. I really appreciate that you haven't got fed up with me being too tied up to return the favour most of the time (you know I'll get back to normal at some point though).

Hope you like it.
Sharon xx

9 comments:

Nunt said...

I have a soft spot for full sepia -cards, and this really hit it!

Loving it ^_^

xx,
nunt

Kim Piggott said...

Oh Sharon I so know what you mean about stress encroaching on our craft time. I will listen to your wise words and try to leave them at the craft room door. I am so glad that you loved making this card and it really shows what a beautiful card it is! So love this gorgeous look and your detail is wonderful! Love your sentiment.
Totally fabulous!
hugs
kim x

Fleur said...

Beautiful card - you have inspired me to have a go at a sepia project - Love Fleur x

Biscuitlid said...

stunning card Sharon, so pleased you could leave your stresses behind for a while, you need to be able to do that more often with everything your family are going through at the moment. I hope soon the pressures ease as Oscar gets stronger.

I also love the sentiment you've used, I may have to write that one down.

Victoria
x

scrappyjan said...

Oh Sharon, BEAUTIFUL CARD!!! The details are WONDEFUL!!!!

I hear you about the stress getting mixed up with the crafting time. I am glad you found the fun again... I am going to try to leave my at the door from now on too..

happy Sunday, janny

Rach said...

sharon this is gorgeous sweetie.
stunning, hugs rachxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Cheryl said...

oh love this you have done a great job with the distress inks love cheryl xxxx

cats whiskers said...

This is just perfect Sharon dear, what a gorgeous image and such lovely colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Slideshow