Thursday, 13 August 2009

She sells sea shells

As you can see from my card today, I'm still persevering with the ProMarkers. Getting a little closer to colouring a dress the way I'd like to...but I still need a lot of practice.

It's Colour Create Challenge time again today. And the colours are Blue, Sand, Silver and Black. Our optional extra theme is Summertime.
I'd like to welcome Deanne to the Colour Create DT. She is one amazing crafter who very rarely uses a stamped image. I take my hat off to her because I, personally, think that those type of cards are the hardest to make. She's just what our DT needs and I'm sure she will inspire everyone that enters our challenge. I love her style of cards. Welcome aboard hunni.

This challenge is sponsored by Handy Hippo and there a 5 Handy Hippo vouchers being given away as prizes.


I decided to make a feature of the colours in the combination that some of the design team had a little bit of trouble with. So a very bold black and silver background was born, which I think focuses everything in onto the image. The silver is a Hampton Art stamp called 'Love Fluff Large' which is heat embossed with silver tinsel embossing powder.

The main image is a Stamps Happen Inc stamp called 'Collecting Sea Shells'. The background was coloured with distress inks (Broken China and Antique Linen) and I sprinkled some glamour dust onto the 'sand'. The main image is coloured in promarkers. I love this image - it reminds me of my little granddaughter.

I hope you'll all still find time to join us again this week.

Sharon xx

21 comments:

Lorraine Robertson said...

Fab card honey & I do love that image...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Di said...

Fabulous Sharon just a cute image!! love the silver embossing!
a beautie if a card!

Hugs Di xxx

Chris said...

Fantastic card Sharon! The black really does focus everything in on that gorgeous image. Love your colouring and the corner embossing is so pretty. Hugs, Chris x

Deanne said...

Love this card Sharon! Your coloring is AMAZING - what talent!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am so excited to join the team!

xx-Deanne

Dena said...

What a gorgeous image Sharon! I think the swirls in the corners look beautiful! Great job with the challenge this week! Hugs, Dena

Mina said...

Stunning card Sharon, your so right about the black drawing your eyes to that beautiful image
Mina xxx

scrappyjan said...

Sharon THIS IS SO STUNNING!!!! Love it!!!!
hugs, janny

Paula said...

Such a beautiful card and the colours are fantastic the image is adorable and as always such great detail.
Paula xxxx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my Sharon your card is absolutely adorable!
I love your sweet image and your colouring is perfect so pretty!
Gorgeous design and detail!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

Ohhh Sharon,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Tara said...

Stunning card Sharon and I so love the sweet image!
Hugs Tara xxx

Cheryl said...

you make such excelent cards hun so much detail love cheryl xxxx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
The image is so precious, fabulous colouring, the silver embossing looks beautiful.

Karen x

Rica said...

Hi Sharon, gorgeous card, love how you've coloured that adorable image and brought the eye right to it with the darker background and corner embossing.
Thanks for your patience with me for lack of visiting and commenting - hopefully things should be back to normal now. Need to get my storage sorted out but am fairly well organised.
hugs Heather xx

Georgia said...

This is gorgeous Sharon - I love the silver embossing and the image is so sweet! Your colouring is brilliant too! :)
Love, Georgia xx

gina g said...

Lovely card Sharon i love the image. luv gina xx

Eva said...

This is an original take on the colours! Very striking background and the image really pops. And I just love that gorgeous swirly stamp!

Donalda said...

Oh this is just beautiful dear so love all you have uploaded since my last visit dear. I just can't keep up lol Hugs

Simone said...

OMG, this is really gorgeous. Love the effect you have got by means of the embossing. And the image is so coute!
Simone

Biscuitlid said...

So pretty Sharon. I actually quite like the ones you made for yoru daughter too, although your reflection comment and further looking at the card made me giggle!

Victoria
x

ps - I think Blake could pass some tips on to Oscar, he's 12lbs 3ozs now!

Nicola said...

Wow what fabulous colouring Sharon and this image is gorgeous as is your stunning background.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Slideshow