Saturday, 5 September 2009

Cosmic Flowers

Recognise those flowers? If you've been over to Rach's blog recently you'll have seen she has a fantastic video tutorial on how to make them. I only had one of the retro punch shapes that she uses, but I tried the technique out with 2 Woodware flower punches and I extended the technique to include the Woodware punched leaves too.

I haven't got around to buying any glimmer mists yet - so out came my Cosmic Shimmer instead and I spritzed (believe me it was a spritz and not a soak) with that instead. I quite like the effect because it looks all pearly. Do have a go at these flowers if you can; they look fabulous up close.

Thanks so much for the tutorial Rach.


Okay, so this card is my DT item for the One Stop Craft Challenge which this week is a sketch that has been set by the lovely Nikki.

And we have a lovely stamp set as a prize this week, donated by Shelley.


Hope you'll get time to join us, and remember to visit the challenge blog for more inspiration from the DT.

Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

7 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sharon what a stunning flower!
Your card is totally gorgeous!
hugs
kim x

Georgia said...

Beautiful card Sharon! The flower is fabulous, love the papers you've used to make it, and these colours look gorgeous together, so pretty! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Sharon and wow what a great card, those flowers are stunning hunny. I hope your well and having a good day, hugs Linda x

Deb said...

fabulous card, love those flowers, will have to pop over to check out the tute! hugs Debx

Nicola said...

Ooh you have really rocked Rach´s tutorial, that flower is awesome just like this amazing card. Great work Sharon, I love it.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Paula said...

Wow Sharon this is fabulous and the flower is stunning.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow