Sunday, 20 September 2009

Just Magnolia challenge 23

Woo Hoo! I had time to make a card for the Just Magnolia challenge. Actually, it was an absolute necessity because my mojo went for a long wander last week; I just knew that it wouldn't be able to resist a bit of Magnolia and some beige and dusky colours to bring it running back!

This week's Just Magnolia challenge is a sketch by the lovely Bev. It was great to work with this sketch and everything just fell into place with this card.

The papers I've used are a combination of Papermania Exquisite (beige papers) and Paper Cellar Victorian Burgundy. I need to add to my friendship cards so I used a clear stamp set with 'My Friend'. The edges of the beige papers have been stamped with the edge of a Hampton Art 'Love Fluff Large stamp inked up with a Whispers pen. The large roses are from Hobby craft, but I can't remember where I got the small rosebuds from. Lace is from a local haberdashery shop. Pearls and tiny bit of feather I found in my stash. Tilda has been coloured with Promarkers.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and thanks for looking.
Sharon xx

21 comments:

gina g said...

Hi Sharon This is gorgeous love everything about it. I hope you are keeping well. luv gina xx

Rach said...

a gorgeous card Sharon.. fabby colours. hugs rachxx

Marina said...

Wow! This card is so beautiful!
I love the colours, you've used and your colouring is gorgeous.

Have a nice sunday,
Marina

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Sharon, glad your mojo returned!
Clairexx

Zehavit Shaked said...

beutifull card

Zehavit

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
Love this Tilda, such pretty papers and details too.

Karen x

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous sharon Love the colours,Hugs debbie x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my Sharon this is so beautiful!
She is adorable and your paper and detail delicious!
So happy that you have joined us at Just Magnolia!
hugs
kim x

Georgia said...

I love the card Sharon - such a pretty, vintage feel and Tilda has been coloured beautifully!
Hugs Tara xx

Cheryl said...

totaly gorgoues love it the papers are just perfect love cheryl xxxx

Biscuitlid said...

ooh very very shabby chic Sharon, love it to bits. Beautiful papers as usual and top shading.

Victoria
x

Kat said...

This is gogeous Sharon. I love this Tilda and the papers, colours etc are just perfect. I always chicken out of using my sitting Tilda's. Must make an effort cos your card (and other people's too) shows that she does not have to sit on anything specific. I had a nosey at your blog after you left a kind comment on mine and I love your work.

Kat x

Kat said...

This is gogeous Sharon. I love this Tilda and the papers, colours etc are just perfect. I always chicken out of using my sitting Tilda's. Must make an effort cos your card (and other people's too) shows that she does not have to sit on anything specific. I had a nosey at your blog after you left a kind comment on mine and I love your work.

Kat x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh this is just adorable Sharon - your colours and papers are scrummy!

Sam said...

Your mojo has certainly returned, this is a beautiful card. Only to be expected when using Magnolia stamps tho.... Lovely papers and colour combo.
Sam x

Georgia said...

This is absolutely beautiful Sharon! I love how you've coloured Tilda, and the embellishments look fabulous! :)
Love, Georgia xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, wonderful colours.
luv
Debby

magnoliacreationsbydarcie said...

Gorgeous card Sharon!!

Mina said...

oh wow Sharon this is just lush, stunning colouring, love the papers...just beautiful...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Nicola said...

Wow what a beauty Sharon. Your colouring is amazing and these papers are gorgeous along with your wonderful detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Bev said...

Oh this is gorgeous Sharon! Love the adorable image and the fabulous choice of papers. Thanks so much for joining us this week. Bev x

Slideshow