Saturday, 26 September 2009

Summer is still here!

This is one more attempt at keeping summer alive for a little while longer. Yes, we're all heading off into those Autumnal colours and winter sparkly snowflakes at a fast pace, aren't we? Don't get me wrong....Autumnal colours are some of my favourites and I love a bit of Christmas bling too....but at the same time, it is so nice to have happy, sunny colours.

This card has been made for my One Stop Craft Challenge DT card. Shelley has picked the theme of 'Die Cuts' for the challenge and I was so pleased that she did. I didn't have time to make a card for the ABC challenge when they chose die cuts, and I so wanted to keep up with their alphabet, so in a roundabout way I've now caught up. ;o)

The die cuts that I've used on this card are the daisy flowers and leaves as well as the nesties.

I did a bit of curling on the daisies and leaves to make them a bit more interesting. They look good in close up, don't they? Although it doesn't show too well, the nesties are raised on 3d foam pads. I haven't added a sentiment yet - all I did add was a '4 U' on the tag on Tilda's flowers.

And, here's the inside. The paper doesn't have a flaw and it is flush to the card - those light streaks are part of the design because they appear on all the same patterned papers in the pad.
Items used:
Tilda with Roses stamp coloured with promarkers
Dies: Nesties Labels, Bosskut Daisy Leaves,
The daisy die is an X-cut one I think (I threw away the packaging and there is nothing on the die to tell me)
Paper Cellar Victorian Classic paper
Kanban bling gems
Pearls and ribbon from my stash
I hope you'll be able to join us this week.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

18 comments:

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon this is fabulous - gorgeous colour combo, flowers and papers. Very summery! Hope you ahve a great weekend
Pauline x

Kim Piggott said...

Beautiful card Sharon!
Love your gorgeous paper and your flowers are wonderful!
hugs
kim x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, love the pretty bp and the yellow looks great. fab insert to!!
Clairexx

pinky said...

Stunning card Sharon, the colours are beautiful and the inside is excellent.
Pinky

Georgia said...

Wow, I love your card Sharon! You're right, it definitely has a summer feel, which is lovely! I love the flowers! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Paula said...

This is so pretty Sharon those colours are fab as are the flowers and such a great image.
Paula xxxx

Cheryl said...

wow this is just amazing hun adore the colours you have used the image is colured brilliantly and love that backing paper you have used lvoe cheryl xxxx

Mina said...

what a beautiful card Sharon, I love the stunning colours
Mina xxx

Biscuitlid said...

mmm says summer to me Sharon.

Love those papers and curled flowers look great.

Victoria
x

gina g said...

Wow Sharon this is so beautiful love the colours and those flowers are so pretty. luv gina xx

6 wacky women said...

So beautiful, Sharon.
The bg paper and the colour scheme are just gorgeous. Fabulous details too!!

Karen x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! This is just truly amazing Sharon!! I LOVE IT ALL!!!

Rica said...

This is just beautiful Sharon, I'm not a yellow lover normally but I just love this. Fabulously coloured Tilda and your embellishments both inside and out are stunning.
hugs Heather xx

Donalda said...

Oh this is breathe taking dear. So love the papers you used and those flowers are just gorgeous hon. Oh what a breathe taking card. Love it dear. Sorry I am so behind hon but hopfully soon work will return to normal. Hugs

Nicola said...

Wow totally gorgeous Sharon, those flowers sure pop and your papers are beautiful as is the inside of your card too.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Samantha said...

Awwwww this is sooo cute! so bright and zigging! love it! :0)

Sharon Keanly said...

Oh my goodness, I am in awe! What a beautiful creation. Hugs Sharon

Oma said...

Beautiful card Sharon!

Slideshow