Thursday, 3 September 2009

Summer Sun

Fed up with the rain? (It's been raining a lot in the UK over the past couple of days). I am, so last night I made this card to remind me of the warm and cosy glow of a summery day.

I've made this card for the Whiff of Joy challenge which this week has a wonderful sketch by Bev. It was a dream to work with. For a change I stayed away from white card stock for the card blank and went with a bold orange instead. Like the flowers? I bought a nifty little flower loom yesterday and I love the way these little beauties turn out.
Items used:
Whiff of Joy - Willow with hot chocolate and a WOJ sentiment stamp
Papers: DCWV Far East Mat Stack. Scrapperdashery - Shakespeare - Twelfth Night
MS Doiley Lace Punch
ProMarkers. Tim Holtz spiced marmalade and mustard seed distress inks
The rest is from my stash.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon

16 comments:

joey said...

Hiya Sharon,

Hope you are well :O) this is gorgeous, I love the colours in this, sadly I think our summer is gone :O(

Joey.xxx

ps: how is Oscar doing.x

June said...

I agree with Joey, think we have had our summer, but this card brightened up my day xxx

sam said...

Wow Sharon. I love this card!! I love the orange cardstock, the gorgeous stamp (added to a very long list) and those flowers are to die for hun.
Take care
Sam x

Tara said...

Sharon the colours are beautiful on this and remind me of a sunset...... have we had any this summer, lol?!
Those flowers look amazing too, so different and so pretty!
Hugs Tara xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Biscuitlid said...

oh this is terrific Sharon, the colours are so warm - just as hot chocolate should be!

I think I 'need' a flower loom after seeing your fabulous flowers too.

Typing and smiling

Victoria
x

Diamond Doll said...

Fab Sharon, i love those flowers,gorgeous colours combo too.
Trish (-:

Janet said...

Very pretty! Love the colors!

Cheryl said...

oh this is truly gorgeous hun love how your flowers have turned out too great effect,love the colurs you have used too.
Its been wet and windy here all day today I could do with a hot choc right now hugs cheryl xxxxx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon.
The image is beautiful, I just love the colours.

Karen x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, wonderful sunny colours and fab flowers, not fogetting the brilliant WOJ image.
luv
Debby

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWER!! Sharon, this is just sooooo gorgeous!! Love the fabby colors and that flower is wow!!!! TFS!! HUGS Enjoy the weekend!!

Georgia said...

This is absolutely beautiful Sharon! Those flowers are fabulous! I'm sick of the rain too, but the warm colours on this card look lovely and sunny! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow this is so very gorgeous Sharon!
Love those fabulous colours!
hugs
kim x

Nicola said...

Wowee those flowers are gorgeous an this colour combo rocks. Love your image and beautiful colouring Sharon.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Paula said...

This is stunning Sharon i adore the colours and those flowers are fantastic.
Paula xxxx

Slideshow