Monday, 14 September 2009

Two cards from me today

Well, I need to get these two cards onto my blog because I'll miss the challenges if I wait till Wednesday.
The first card is for Whiff of Joy challenge - the colours - Orange and Teal.
The second card is for A Spoonfull of Sugar challenge - a sketch.


Wow! aren't these colours magnificent together? I love this combo. I've used one of the older Willow images (Willow with umbrella) because I love this one and the way the sentiment fits it so well.

The close-up shows the leaves that I made from a snowflake punch. Well, needs must and all that. I hope it also shows the stickles on the flowers and you may just be able to see them on the raindrops (makes a change from me using glossy accents). Bet you can't guess what papers I used on this one..... yep, they are bearly mine again.

Here is my second card for A Spoonfull of Sugar challenge. This one uses the Papermania Christmas papers from last year. You can see the snowflake in tact on this card. The image is Penny Black 'You Make Me Blush'. Oh my goodness, I can't believe I didn't stickle or glamour dust the snowman for a change.
Both card images have been coloured with Promarkers.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

18 comments:

Sonia said...

Sharon what fab cards, love them both,
Hugs Sonia x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Sharon your cards are stunning!
So beautifully coloured and your designs are wonderful!
hugs
kim x

Pauline C said...

2 stunning cards hun! Love the fab teal and orange colour combo and your colouring on Willow is fabulous. Gorgeous cute image on the PB card :-)
Pauline x

joey said...

Hiya Sharon

these are absolutely gorgeous cards, I adore your colour work on the woj image.

Joey.xxx

cats whiskers said...

Wow wow wow stunning card dear, I really love the besutiful WOJ card your colouring is just perfect as are the fabulous embellies
Hugs Jacqui x

Debbie said...

Beautiful cards Sharon Love the colour combos on both,Thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Shelly said...

Hi Sharon! First congrats are in order on your Blogaversary! You've achieved so much in a year, well done you! Thanks for the chance to win your yummy candy! Now, I just love these two cards, how clever of you to use the snowflake punch for leaves, never thought of that! And the Xmas card is so cute, fab colouring on your hedgie!
Hugs, Shelly x

Samantha said...

Fantastic cards Sharon! I love the pb hedgy one those colours are ace!! thanks also for the chance to win some blog candy! picci on my blog side bar! P.s do you remember me from DC? :0)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! These are both just gorgeous creations Sharon!! You really rocked on the layouts!! HUGS

nessy said...

wow sharon 2 amazing cards ~love the images and papers you have used~ and perfect detail!
vanessa xx

Tara said...

Thanks for your well wishes Sharon, certainly done the trick! It was really kind of you to stop by and leave me a message ;o)
I love the sweet cards - both such stunning creations!
Hugs Tara xx

Cheryl said...

wow stunning cards hun love them both so much great detail as usuall put your candy on my side bar thanks for chance to win love cheryl xxxxxxxx

Deb said...

fabulous cards Sharon, both gorgeous colours and layouts! hugs Debx

LOUISE said...

Great cards Sharon, love them both. Louise x

Pumpy said...

Wonderful cards Sharon, love them. XXXXXX

Paula said...

Two stunning cards Sharon both perfectly coloured and with great details.
Paula xxxx

RMS said...

Your colors are so nice! I need candy. I'm learning how to link you to my blog and add candy pics thanks foroffering!

Nicola said...

Wowee these are stunning cards Sharon, love your papers, layouts and beautifully coloured images - WOJ is so adorable.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Slideshow