Thursday, 22 October 2009

All White Sarah Kay

Well, it's definitely that time of year again. I'm leaving home in the morning before it is light enough to take a decent photo of my cards and it is dusk when I get back. This card is the first one I've had to take by electric light. That'll teach me for not completing it at the weekend!
Today is Colour Create challenge day and our fabulously talented Heather has been a real stinker. (ONLY JOKING Heather!!!). Actually, she's chosen one of the most enjoyable challenges that I've had in a long while and this is one of those rare moments where I really like the card I made.
I must admit that when I first saw her suggestion I went as white as the card we were asked to make! But when I plucked up the courage to give it a go I really did enjoy it. It was fantastic not to think about picking papers and patterns that go together. All I had to think about was getting a few different textures on the card. Brill!
Yes, the colours this week are:
ALL WHITE
with colour on the image. Luckily there is no optional extra to include in this challenge.
The electric light has made the white glitter card look cream, but believe me, it is a pristine white in real life. What a perfect way to show off my favourite Sarah Kay stamp. This is the first time I've inked it up and coloured it. Why? Because I've been after this stamp for a long, long while and it was never in stock when buying my crafty goodies. It finally arrived on my doormat when Paula bought it for my birthday. Thank you so much Paula.

If you look at the amazing cards the rest of the DT have made you'll see how effective an all white card can be. There are some real beauties on the challenge blog for inspiration.
There is another $25 credit voucher from Heidi at Simon Says Stamp! as the prize for the winner of this week's challenge. (Thanks Heidi). I hope you'll all be brave enough to join us; I bet you'll be really pleased with what you make if you do.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

24 comments:

mar1ene said...

aww.. gorgeous Sharon.. love the all white card & elements.. really make Sarah stand out!
Hugs, Marlene x

Pumpy said...

Amazing really beautiful Sharon. Lovies xx

Pauline C said...

Beuatiful card hun - very pretty and love the "all white" look. Hope you donj't mind me asking, but did you ever receive the card Is ent you for your 50th birthday?
Hugs
Pauline x

Tara said...

This is a really pretty card Sharon and your image is coloured beautifully - the white really makes her stand out!
Hugs Tara xx

Dena said...

Sharon, I have to say this is STRIKING!!!!! I adore your card. The image has been colored so soft and pretty! Gorgeous! Hugs, Dena

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Sharon.
I just love the image,your colouring is fabulous , your design and details are stunning!!

Karen x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! This sure is gorgeous hun!! LOVE the white and the image is so fab!! TFS! HUGS

Chris said...

Fabulous Sharon and I bet you enjoyed colouring up your long awaited SK stamp, she's gorgeous and so is your colouring. Love all the texture you've achieved with the embossing and I think the feather is the perfect finishing touch. Hugs, Chris xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just beautiful Sharon! Love the white on white and then the image with the color. It really pops! Stunning! :)

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is brilliant love the embossed background hugs cheryl xxx

bluepoohbear75 said...

Great card.

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Sharon I love the clean look,Hugs Debbie x

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Sharon this is stunning!
I love your sweet image and beautiful colouring!
Gorgeous design and detail!
hugs
kim x

Mina said...

wow Sharon, stunning card, perfect image for the papers...gorgeous
Mina xxx

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Your card is just gorgeous Sharon and your image is coloured to perfection. Very beautiful.

Hugs,

Jo x

Rica said...

Gorgeous Sharon and so pretty - beautifully coloured image (she's one of my favourite SK's too) and such scrumptious details - love the feather and the pearls.
Glad you enjoyed it - and just wait till next time - I'll see if I can't come up with a real stinker!!!
hugs Heather xx

Faye said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous. I love the addition of the white feather and the image is beautiful.

Biscuitlid said...

just so beautiful Sharon - am loving the fluff in the corner! Nice mix of touchy feely textures to add interest to the white

Victoria
x

gina g said...

Stunning card Sharon. luv gina xx

Di said...

Awesome card Sharon i just love this image too! when i got it i never realised till i inked her up the little kitten following her too cute!! Fabulous card Sharon


Hugs di xxxx

Diamond Doll said...

OH my this is stunning, i,ve not join in this challenge before,if i get time i,ll go have a nosey.
Trish (-:

Simone said...

This is absolutely fabulous!!! It looks so romantic and gorgeous!
Simone

CraftyC said...

This is stunning Sharon, a beautuful card and love the embellishments
Clairex

Nicky said...

This is such a pretty card - love the embellishment and the image is lovely

Slideshow