Saturday, 3 October 2009

Be Inspired By Autumn

It's going to be a busy weekend on this blog. Don't forget that my 10,000 hits candy closes today so you still have time to enter. I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow. There's also the blog hop going on tomorrow. And....Happy World Card Making Day!
Here's the card I made for the One Stop Craft Challenge. The theme set by the wonderful Donna today is:

Be Inspired By Autumn

I'm a real lover of strong colours so those Autumn shades are some of my favourites. I know my card looks quite simple, but it took a while to make. I made the background behind the stamp by swiping Antique Linen distress ink onto plain white card and then misted it with water and let it dry. Then I stamped the Kodomo Inc Trees (from the Autumn stamp set) onto the background using a Whispers strokes pen. Finally I added the 'autumn leaves', liquid pearls in red and gold, and left it overnight to dry.


Hopefully this picture shows the background a little better. Once I'd decided on the backing paper to use (bearly mine) I went around the edge of the paper with my peg stamps using Versa Colour ink pads in Copper, Gold, Red and Celadon and Ink it Up! pads in orange and brown. The sentiment is a Christmas one - but it also suits this theme so well.

I had previously used these trees in a spring card and I wanted to see what they looked like as autumn trees. Maybe I'll have a go at making them winter trees all covered with frost later this year. I searched out the photo of the spring card when my Autumn card was finished. I was so surprised to find that I'd used the same peg stamps and the same layout! Here it is.

I think I prefer the warmness of the autumn one.

Hop over to the challenge blog for more lovely Autumn inspiration from the rest of the design team and our lovely guest designer, Sarah. Shelley has donated a pack of mixed papers as the prize this week. It would be fantastic if you could join us (and I'll try my hardest to keep on top of the commenting this week).

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

17 comments:

Paula said...

Wow Sharon i just love this card its beautiful i love these colours and those trees look fantastic.
Paula xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh I love those trees they're fab, brilliant card.
luv
Debby

Shelley said...

The liquid pearls look fab and give the tree a fantastic autumn feel.
Shelley xx

Cat said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the details!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Sharon!! Your cards are gorgeous!! Really love the trees!! HUGS

Kim Piggott said...

Oh what a wonderful card Sharon!
Stunning design and beautiful colours!
Happy CMD!
Hugs
kim x

Cheryl said...

wow these are brilliant love them so much and each one is just unique love cherylxxx

Deanne said...

This is stunning Sharon! The liquid pearls really accented the trees nicely! I also really like the border on the base cardstock. Fantastic as always Sharon!

xx-Deanne

Biscuitlid said...

Ooh Sharon these are so yummy - lurve that detail on the tree, thanks for the close up pic.

Victoria
x

Nikki said...

Hi Sharon, As usual a beautiful card. The detail and the colours are fab.
Nikki xx

Kim Dellow said...

These are gorgeous Sharon. Love the effect on the trees I might have to case that :) Kim

cats whiskers said...

Wow Sharon dear this is simply stunning just adore that tree and the use of the Pearl drops they look just perfect, hope you are having a great weekend dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Nicola said...

Wow such amazing stamping Sharon. I love this tree and how you have brought it to life with your expertise. The liquid pearls give wonderful dimension and your whole card is truly stunning.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Domna said...

Sharon you did fantastic card! It so original!

Pauline C said...

Both of these cards are really pretty Sharon - fab to see such different uses of the same stamps - wonderful!
pauline x

tiggertastic said...

i love all your pearl work on your top card it really brings the trees to life
Sarah x

Shelly said...

HI Sharon! I love your card, the trees look fab as does the background. Sometimes less is more, especially here as you've done such a fab job with the trees you really don't want to take away from that! I love the liquid pearls and the warm colours!
Hugs Shelly x

Slideshow