Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Scallops for Christmas

Good morning everyone. Firstly I'll have to tell you that I had a fantastic day at the spa on Saturday. It really was complete bliss to spend some relaxation time and get pampered from head to toe. Then to come home and find my house had been tidied and cleaned by my youngest daughter and my eldest daughter had done some baking, was wonderful!

Anyway, enough waffle. Today's Creative Card Crew Challenge is Scallops. My card is quite a quick make. I had a go at inking the cuttlebug folder before putting it through the big shot but the photo doesn't really show the full effect.
Items used:
Papermania 'Joyeux Noel' stamp set
Divine Swirls Cuttlebug Folder
Silver mirror Card
Scallop Nestabilities
Kanban Bling Gems
Celebration Silver Ribbon

We're sponsored by Crafty Addicts today and Heather has given this lovely Kars Christmas Embellishment Pack as the prize. Thank you Heather.

I hope you'll join us again and remember to pop over to the challenge blog for scallop inspiration from the rest of the talented design team.

Sharon xx

10 comments:

CraftyC said...

A lovely card Sharon and so glad you enjoyed the spa. Sounds wonderful!
Clairex

the funkie junkie said...

Love your card, Sharon! Great colors and results from inking the CB folder. I can't quite seem to get the hang of that. I am never happy with the results, but you have inspired me to keep on trying! So glad to hear that your 50th b'day was a great experience. My next big one is 60 and I am not looking forward to that one!

Stempelientje said...

Great you had a good day at the spa!Thats how it should be when you reach 50! *big grin
Thanks for the nice challenge and I 've put the link for my card on the Creative Card Crew blog.

Greetings from Stempelientje

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Sharon Love the folder effect,Hugs Debbie x

Paula said...

Hi Sharon im so glad you had a great Birthday you so deserved a fabulous treat. Your Christmas card is fantastic i love the colours and the embossing looks great.
Paula xxxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Pretty holiday card Sharon! Love the blues and the metallic accents. Beautiful embossing too. I need to start making some holiday cards, before I'm so far behind that I don't have time! LOL! Hope you're having a good week. :)

Kim Piggott said...

So happy that you were spoilt rotten Sharon you deserve it for being the best Mum!
Love your gorgeous card!
hugs
kim x

Cheryl said...

oh this is gorgoues love the colur and the tree really stands out with the scallops love cheryl xxx

Nicola said...

Love this colour combo Sharon and your embossing is fabulous.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Simone said...

What a wonderful card!!! I love it!
Simone

Slideshow