Tuesday, 27 October 2009

Snowflakes are a-falling

Christmas is in the air today over here with 2 cards that I made using different techniques. One is stamped and coloured with distress inks (oooh, my first real try at that and I loved colouring with distress ink), and the other is a simple embossed card.

Today is Creative Card Crew Challenge and our very talented Claire chose the theme of using

SNOWFLAKES

somewhere on your creations. Well, the possibilities are endless and there is some wonderful inspiration over at the challenge blog. This first card uses the fab WOJ herb stamp. I think it is a fantastic Christmas stamp. I just had to add a bit of bling snow with some diamond ice stickles, although they have turned a bit blue in the photo. I've used Dovecraft paper with snowflakes. Hmmm, makes a change for me to use traditional Christmas colours, doesn't it?

The second card uses the cuttlebug folder of a Christmas tree. I made this one out of very few items: white card, X-cut snowflake punch, Cuttlebug folder, pale blue promarker pen, a few gems and some glamour dust. This is my Christmas on a budget card!
Come on over and join in with us this week. There is a fab credit voucher from Simon Says Stamp! for one lucky winner.

Thanks for looking

Sharon xx

8 comments:

JanJ said...

Oh these are gorgeous!

Jan x

Elborgi said...

really nice!
love it
elborgi

Melli said...

Ohhh what Beautiful Cards ... so fantastic....

Hugs Melli

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Very pretty! Love the colors ;)
Cheers!
Kristen

Debbie said...

These are both Gorgeous Sharon love the budget card I think i need to make a few of these,Hugs Debbie x

Biscuitlid said...

i love them both! (said she who made 4), so very different too. Thanks so much for inviting me to join CCC.

Oh and for anyone reading this - check out our Sharon on page 9 of this months Card Making and Papercraft mag!! toot toot

Victoria
x

the funkie junkie said...

Wow, both are really fab, Sharon. I don't know which one I like better. This was a fun challenge. I loved decorating with snowflakes - looks like you did too!

Cassandra said...

Fantastic Cards!! I love your Snowman and your Snowflake Card makes me with for Snow!!
Hugs!
Cassandra

Slideshow