Thursday, 1 October 2009

Stamp Something meets ABC

That usual refrain hit me when I got home..."Mum, I need a card for tomorrow and I want one that looks like this one" my daughter said picking out the one card in my collection that took hours to make because of all the hand sewing with gold thread. Okay, she's not having that one! (I like to stroke it now and again). But I love using the layout, so I'll gladly make her something similar. Hence this card was born.


Luckily it fits 2 challenges this week.
Over at Stamp Something the challenge is "Something with your favourite layout or sketch" - check
and at the ABC Challenge it is "E is for embossing". Well, I've heat embossed the silver flower with silver Tinsel embossing powder; hope it shows up in this close-up.
The inside was left really plain and I shot this photo before I added the birthday sentiment.
Items Used:
Bearly Mine papers, purple card and silver paper
Lace, ribbon, flowers and gems from my stash
See D's rose, Papermaina Happy Birthday sentiment
Woodware leaf punch
Silver Tinsel Embossing Powder
Purple ink

Thanks for looking.

Sharon xx

14 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Sharon this is just gorgeous hun!! I sure do love your creation!! HUGS

Sharon Keanly said...

Greetings from Cape Town. I love the colour purple! What an absolutely elegant card. Love it! Well done. Sharon

Debbie said...

this is Simply Elegant sharon.Hugs Debbie x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Sharon,

What a simply stunning card. Love the colours you have used.

Ali x

Georgia said...

Wow, this is really beautiful Sharon! It's so delicate and pretty and I really like the colour scheme! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Diamond Doll said...

What a gorgeous Birthday card i,m sure she,ll be well pleased.
Trish (-:

Kim Piggott said...

Oh my Sharon this is so beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Loz said...

Gorgeous colours... I love it!

Pauline C said...

Lovely pretty card hun - love the embossed rose and your colour scheme
Pauline x

Helen said...

Beautiful card Sharon!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

Maria Matter said...

oh how lovely! that purple is magnificent!!!
you always make such beautiful cards Sharon!
Oh, and just for the record, I don't believe your 50.....you look like a teenager!!! lol
Have a wonderful weekend Sharon!
Blessings, Maria

Cat said...

Beautiful card! If it was a dress I would wear it! lol

Nicola said...

Beautiful card Sharon, one of my fav colours. Your papers and lace are gorgeous and your sentiment is awesome.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Slideshow