Saturday, 31 October 2009

Use newspaper on a card ???

Good Morning! The card I have for you today is the result of one of my harebrained light bulb moments, and to be honest I think the DT thought I'd completely lost the plot! (but you should see the amazing work they came up with; it is awesome. Well done ladies!!!)

Whilst thinking about what to set for the challenge at the One Stop Craft Challenge this week I really wanted to set something completely different as the theme. What was right in front of me at the time? A newspaper. Right - that'll do, I thought. I haven't seen any challenge blog setting a challenge to use newspaper.

However, reality did creep in a bit so I widened the theme to include dps with text on them, or maybe even a stamp with text on it (not a sentiment - more like text in the background) - you could even use the cuttlebug script folder. But for those of you that really do want a challenge - try using newspaper.

I used newspaper to make the flowers and leaves. You can see how to make these flowers with Rach's fantastic video tutorial here. Thank you so much for doing that tutorial sweetie!

I also had another go at colouring my Whimsy image with distress inks. I'm really getting to like that medium.
Okay, you creative and crafty people. I hope you'll join us and wow us all with the amazing creations you make again this week. Shelley has put up a beautiful wood mounted corset stamp as the prize for one lucky winner.
Well, it's the perfect day for me to get holed up in my craft room and make a start on all my DT items for this week - yes it's a bit wet and miserable where I am. With weather like that I shouldn't get too distracted ;o) Now...where did I put my mojo?
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

14 comments:

Crafty Cat said...

The newspaper works brilliantly, love it!
xxx Carol

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Sharon this is fantastic!
Your colouring is beautiful and your flowers and leaves are just amazing!
hugs
kim x

Tara said...

This is a fab idea Sharon and the results look amazing!!
Hope you're well.... did the parcel arrive yet? I was a bit worried it may be stuck somewhere in the postal system :(
Hugs Tara xx

Marley said...

Awesome card Sharon.. the newspaper leaves are wonderfull!! xxx Marley

jesskittelson said...

Wow I love it! I would have never thought about something like this!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Sharon and what a fab idea to use newspaper the flowers look cool,Hugs Debbie x

PatR said...

Great idea and a fabulous card.
Pat xx

Faye said...

Sharon, what a gorgeous flower that makes! I've done this before using sprayed paper, but never newspaper. That is so neat.

Cheryl said...

this is brilliant newspaper is just a great idea love cheryl xxxx

WaldfrauAlexa said...

at first, sorry for my bad english.
you make fantastic cards and i have linked your blog.
Greetings
alexa

Elborgi said...

wow- thats great! so nice flowers you made!

The card is wonderful
Hello from elborgi

Di said...

WOW this is fab Sharon love the flowers and your image is really cute!

Hugs di xxxx

Cassandra said...

What a creative way to recycle! I love the flowers!! I'll have to check out how to make them! The stamp is precious! Thank you for such a wonderful idea!
Hugs!
Cassandra

June said...

Amazing card and I love the flowers well done you its brilliant xxxxxxxx

Slideshow