Saturday, 7 November 2009

Easel card instructions

Before I show my card today, I just have to tell you how impressed I was with the 'masterboard' technique in this month's Craft Stamper magazine. I tried it out last night and I love the results I got. Maybe I'll share the results with you on here soon.

Okay, on to today's One Stop Craft Challenge. The lovely Shelley picked the theme of
Cards for kids
and I decided to make a card for an older kid. Shelley is giving away a cute teddy wood mounted stamp as the prize. Okay, I think you can see that I'm really having fun with these easel cards. Someone asked me to point them to the instructions. Well, I thought I'd share how I make them instead (which may be totally wrong - but it works for me).

You need:
1. a square card blank and
2. a square piece of card the same size as the front of the card blank.

1. Score the front of the card blank in half and fold the 'open' end back towards the spine.
2. Add double sided tape to the part that you just folded back and stick the square piece of card onto it, lining it up so that it makes a new 'front' to the card.

Then just decorate however you want to. That's all there is to it!

If you need me to show photos of these instructions just leave me a comment.

Hope you'll join us this week - and thanks to everyone that tried the newspaper/text challenge we had last week. There is lots of inspiration for kids cards on the challenge blog.

Thanks for looking.
Sharon xx


joey said...

Hi Hun

I would love photos :O) lol

this is just gorgeous, I love it

ps: hope your animals have stopped wandering now lol.x

Marley said...

I would love to see the photo instructions cause i'm from the Netherlands, so then it will be clear for me.. hugs Marley

Debbie said...

gorgeous Card Sharon,Love the bling,Hugs debbie x

Cheryl said...

toally love your card hun I too would love picture on the easel card if you have time love cheryl xx

Janette said...

This is the first time I have clearly understood what the heck anyone is telling me where these cards are so much,now I shall go and make one...x

Sarita said...

LOVE this easel card Sharon, I shall definitely be giving this a go so thank you for sharing the instructions.
It really is lovely,
Love sarita xx

carol said...

adorable image, and another one of these fantastic cards, thanks for adding you instructions, it sounds easier now explained like that, thanks hun x carol

Biscuitlid said...

oooh thi sis yummy Sharon and such a simple tutorial that I've gone and had a go! Will post it on Monday - you're a star for that


Dragonlady said...

Hi Sharon.

Gorgeous easel card, love the details and the ribbon.

Hugs Ali x

Gibmiss said...

hi fab card i would also like the pickies of the easel card

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the colours and bling! xx

LaraG! said...

This is great! I was just thinking what's an easel card. I'd love the how-to-do photos.

By the way, your card is gorgeous!