Thursday, 5 November 2009

Silver Christmas Raccoons

Good Morning!

What a wonderful combination we have for you over at Colour Create this week. Not only are the colours fantastic for Christmas cards...but the optional extra is perfect too. The DT absolutely loved working on their challenge items this week and we're sure you will love them too if you join in with us.

Our really talented Karen picked this picture for inspiration:


Brrrrr! Chilly looking but a fab picture.

The challenge colours are BLUE, SILVER and WHITE and the optional extra is WINTER and GLITTER.

Yep - perfect for crossing off another Christmas card on the list. I really enjoyed having a try at making an easel card. I think there are instructions for how to make these over at splitcoast stampers - but I just dived in and made one without instructions. I was pretty pleased with myself when it turned out looking like this!

I'm really impressed with how these cards look when they are finished so I can see I may be making a few of these to send out this year.

Items used:
Whimsy stamp (I adore this one of the raccoons and the Christmas tree). Coloured with Pro Markers.
Bearly Mine Christmas paper. Papermania textured silver card, Anita's 3D Border Glitterations, Prima Hydrangea flowers, Papermania Gems, Sentiment made up from several woodware sentiment stamps in a set, Glamour Dust, ribbons from my stash.

The DT have made some amazing items with these colours. I hope you'll find time to pop round to their blogs and leave them a little comment. We all love it when that happens and the DTs always work so hard on creating something inspirational for the challenges.

We have 5 prizes from Handy Hippo for the winners of this challenge. I hope you'll all find time to enter.

Thanks for looking.

Sharon xx

18 comments:

joey said...

Hi Hun

this is gorgeous!!! I love the detail

Joey.x

pinky said...

Great easel card, love those papers and that image is just perfect for winter.
Pinky

Deanne said...

Oh Sharon - this is beautiful! You are a real talent with the colouring! Those little raccoons are just too cute!

xx-Deanne

Dena said...

Sharon, this is such a sweet card!!! Those raccoons are so fun and cute! Your easel card turned out perfect. Hugs, Dena

Anneke said...

Wow Sharon, This is a beautiful card! The colors are gorgeous. And the stamp is very cute. Lovely

Anneke XX

scrappyjan said...

Hello Sharon, STUNNING CARD!!!!! Love the easel..I am going to have to try one soon... They seem to be the rave right now.
Those raccoons are so cute!! YOu have colored them beautifully!!

Have you received your package yet?? It's been over 2.5 weeks.. eekkkkkkk.......
hugs, Janiel

6 wacky women said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Sharon.
I just love the image, your colouring is fabulous. Beautiful embellies and details too.

Karen x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! Love all the pretty blue and silver. Great image and love the coloring. Beautifully done! :)

Deb said...

oh wow, what fantastic colours and so love how you coloured the raccoons and tree, it is stunning! hugs Debx

Debbie said...

This is Gorgeous Sharon I love the colour combo with these raccoons,Hugs Debbie x

Christine said...

Your card is gorgeous!!! Just beautiful.

I've seen this style of card on the blogs lately but haven't seen any instructions. Can you direct me to them? Thanks so much!

Blessings,
Christine

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh my goodness!! Sharon, this is just the cutest!! LOVE how that silver looks on your creation!! The easel is awesome!! Nicely done! HUGS

6 wacky women said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mina said...

this is a beautifully designed easel card, stunning I love your whimsy image
Mina xxx

Elborgi said...

really wonderful card

hello from elborgi

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, wonderful image.
luv
Debby

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! I really must try an easel card. The image you used is really cute!

Hugs,
Larissa

carol said...

oh wow sharon, i adore this card, that image is super cute...you have inspired me to make one of these, x carol

Slideshow