Saturday, 21 November 2009

A snowflake kiss

Good morning. Today my card is for a snowflake challenge and rather than using snowflake punches I've used a masterboard with snowflakes on it. I'll show you how it was created a little further down this post.
The lovely Paula set the theme of Snowflakes at the One Stop Craft Challenge this week but unfortunately she has been really poorly for over a week now and she's been unable to do a card for her own challenge. I hope you get better soon hunny.
Here is the card I made.

I think the expression on that Whimsy deer's face is priceless! I bet there are loads of you that remember trying to catch snowflakes on your tongue when you were little! Just like the deer. I just had to team the image up with the lovely sentiment (again, this was gifted to me by Paula).

Rightie-ho, I'd best try to explain how I made the masterboard. This is the equipment I used and a picture of it before it was put onto the card.I took a piece of plain white A4 card and randomly smudged ink on it using the 3 colours shown. Then I randomly stamped the two stamps all over the card using stayzon and finally spritz the card with some glimmer mist for a delicate sheen. Simples!
This is such an easy technique to do and you always end up with something unique to use as a backing on your projects. You should have a try at it.
I left the card really simple so that the backing wouldn't be too covered up. The only embellishment is s snowflake brad and some netting tied in a bow.
If you join in the snowflake challenge this week, you have the change of winning £10 worth of ink - that'd be great for you to try out your own masterboard. Do take a look at the beautiful items created by the rest of the DT.

Hope you find time to join us.

Thanks for looking.
Sharon xx

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

great card hun and love your masterboard too I made one yesteraday also hugs cheryl xxxx

andrea said...

love your card,
Yesterday I coloured this moose too and I'm making a card from him today,ahhaah
bud you did a very good job,fab you made your own background paper. .love it
hugs andrea

Faye said...

Sharon, your card is darling! I love the moose. I also am so impressed by the glorious background that I am going to go up and create some backgrounds using your technique. Thanks for sharing.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sharon this is gorgeous!
Such a superb card!
hugs
kim x

Cassandra said...

I just had to buy this stamp and now I remember why...I love this card!!
Hugs!
Cassandra

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card & the deer is hilarious.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Sharon,

great background paper and that image just makes me laugh every time.

Hugs Ali x

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Sharon and a great technique!
Clairex

Di said...

Oh Sharon how fab is this!! love that image really made me smile and your paper is sooo clever really effective a fab card!!

Hugs Di xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous easel card, love your background paper.
luv
Debby

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hey girl!! You JUST missed the masterboard challenge at Saturday Spotlight for this sweetie!! This is soo fabulous!! I make these all the time!! I love the look the shimmerz spray gives to it too!! :) LOVE this sweet Whimsy reindeer too!! hugs

Slideshow