Monday, 2 November 2009

Spread The Love! Blog Hop

"On October 4th, 4 teenagers armed with knives broke into a home in a small town in New Hampshire, USA. Alone and sleeping inside were a mother and her 11 year old daughter. These 4 boys broke into this home with the intent to rob and kill anyone inside. They stabbed the mom, Kimberly Cates, to death and left her daughter, Jaimie, for dead in their driveway. It was a completely random act, their home was chosen only due to its secluded surroundings."





Our hope is that everyone hopping around today will stop for a moment and think about Jaimie and her father and what life must be like for them now. One moment in time has changed their lives forever. We are asking that everyone reading this message please take a moment to make a card and send it off to Jaimie. You can make something very simple or much more involved, but please share some words of hope and love and let her know that people do care and want the best for her.

Please send your card to the address below:

Jaimie Cates
c/o Mont Vernon Fire Station
Main Street
Mont Vernon,
NH 03057
USA

If you would like to read more about Jaime then please visit the
This hop is open from Monday 2 November 10am ET until Monday 9 November 10am ET (New York time)

For those of you following the hop, if you arrived here from
Samantha from SPCC then you are in the right place
.

If you arrived from anywhere else, or if you want to start from the beginning, then please go to Katharina Frei's blog,

I was deeply distressed when I heard Jaimie's story and immediately said 'Yes' when I was asked to join this hop. I really hope that my card, along with all the other cards she will receive, brings some comfort to a deeply traumatised little girl who needs her faith in humanity restoring.

My card for Jaimie uses her favourite colours of hot pink and black. I know she's not a 'girly girl' and that she enjoys outdoor sports, but I lacked a sporty stamp. I chose this stamp to symbolise the gifts of love and hope that she will be receiving from all over the world.

On the inside is a simple heart for spreading the love.

Thank you so much for pausing along the way. I hope you liked my card and if you can spare the time and the postage PLEASE think about making Jaimie a card too.

We have generous sponsors who have kindly offered up some prizes to anyone who makes a card, posts it on their blogs, and lets us know they mailed it out. Just let us know when your card is in the mail at "Stamp Something...for Jaimie: Spreading Love and Hope" blog.

Winners will be chosen on Monday 9th November.

To Carry On Hopping - Your next stop is




Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

64 comments:

Terry Oulboub said...

What a lovely card for Jaimie. I love the image, the papers you used and the bow is so pretty. Being a part of the blog hop, I wanted to hop around and see all the cards the participants made too. This is very nice - Jaimie is really going to be touched!!

Jenny said...

A Gorgeous card for Jaimie. x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Sharon!! This is just gorgeous!! Love your fun images and colors with this!! Those bling hearts are awesome!! :) Jaimie will love it for sure! Thanks for your support!! HUGS

acreativeneed said...

Hi Sharon, this is such a lovely card for Jaimie!!
smiles,Deena

Beautiful Greetings said...

What a wonderful card! I'm sure Jaimie will love it. Thanks for joining the hop today!

Crafty Num Nums said...

Wonderful card, it will really touch Jaimie.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow this is so fabulous Sharon!
hugs
kim x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A gorgeous card...I hope these help to bring a huge smile to Jaimie's face xx

Danielle said...

What a pretty card...

Micki said...

Beautiful card. I am so glad that I am part of this amazing blog hop :-).

Lorraine A said...

Oh this card is just gorgeous :-) I am sure Jaimie will love this :-)

Luv
Lols x x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is a really sweet card Sharon, I'm sure Jaimie will love it. Thanks for helping with the hop! :)

Penny D. said...

Beautiful!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a fantastic card! Jaimie is just going to love al this pink & black!! Awesome!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

This is great...cute image! I'm sure Jaimie will love it!

It's a pleasure taking part with you!

Janna :)

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card for Jaimie!

beadz said...

Very sweet card!
hugs,
Gini

kim.mom said...

Awesome card!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sharon - what a gorgeous card for Jamie - I am so thrilled to part of this amazing expression of love for Jaimie with stampers like yourself! Thank you for 'Spreading the Love!' God bless you!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card for Jaimie, can't wait for her to get all this mail!

Linda Coughlin said...

Oh Sharon, this is simply adorable. I think Jaimie is going to be very excited to receive it and that it will really lift her spirits!

Shelly said...

Your card is darling and expresses that you care.

Mary said...

Beautiful card. I have made a card for Jaimie and will be sending it tomorrow.

hugs
Mary

Mimiko said...

What a lovely card :)
I'm sending mine today.

Sharon said...

Hi Sharon, what a gorgeous card - love the way it matches the Share the Love Blinkie with those cute little hearts.

Debbie said...

gorgeous card Sharon and a perfect image for Jaimie,Hugs Debbie x

Splendid Little Stars said...

awesome card! and the inside is wonderful. too!

Erin... said...

This is gorgeous! Love the pretty bow and that fantastic image!! Thanks for taking part in the hop, hugs, erin

Carol said...

great card!
very nice blog!
Carol<><

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Very nice for a young girl, love the colors and image, very cheerly to brighten her day. Thanks - I am also sending her a card, I have it posted on my blog, blessings~ Jane.

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

lovely card

Suzanne said...

This is a lovely card. Lots of love and hope being sent to this poor child. I will be making a card for Jamie tomorrow
Hugs
Suzanne x

Stitchinwitch said...

That really is a beautiful card

Lynne said...

great card!!

Arty Cards n Crafts said...

Your card for Jaimie is gorgeous!! My card is in the mail, and a pic is on my blog HERE

Shana said...

Fantastic card! This blog hope is so inspiring to see all the art work for a worthy cause!

Annette said...

Fantastic Card, just gorgeous, lovely colours sure to put a smile on Jaimie's face. Take CareX:)

Golden said...

Your card is awesome. Thanks for the chance to hop for Jamie. I have made a card for Jamie also.

Chris said...

I think Jaimie is going to be very surprised by all this love.
I made a card and sent it off today.
this is it
http://easilyamused-chrisv.blogspot.com/2009/11/color-throwdown-for-cause.html

Chris said...

I think Jaimie is going to be very surprised by all this love.
I made a card and sent it off today.
this is it
http://easilyamused-chrisv.blogspot.com/2009/11/color-throwdown-for-cause.html

Shazza said...

great card Sharon
x

my5bratz said...

beautiful, i'll be posting my card today :0)

True :) said...

Such a pretty card!
Jamie will LOVE it!
Hugs,
True :)

Mary Lou said...

What an adorable card! All the cards are soo very wonderful and I am glad I am checking them out!
Blessings and sending my card tomorrow to Jaimie
Mary Lou

Blankiefinder said...

What a great cause! Sending my card in the morning!

Violets Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card!

hugs
Maarit

Avril Ann said...

Superb card Sharon, Jaimie is going to love it. Hugs Avril xxx

joey said...

Hi Sharon hunny

this is one gorgeous card!!! I am honoured to be able to help in some small way for Jaimie. Thanks for being a part of this hun.

Joey.xxx

Minnamanna said...

Beautiful card!

Tammy Miller said...

great card

Susa said...

I hust love your card for Jaimie!!

Hugs, Susa

Cindy said...

Wonderful card for Jaimie!!

Patty chalas said...

a lovely card for Jaimie.

Moshie said...

I love your card for Jaimie!!! I love the symbolic referance about the gifts of love the stamped image is carrying. Very nice card.

Anne H. said...

WOW - your card for Jaimie is gorgeous!
A lovely image and beautiful colorcombo!
Take care xx
Anne -:)

Nina said...

well you guys are certainly not only spreading the love, but truly grace! What a beautiful card and I am sure she will just be thrilled with them all!

Nina May
http://www.theresmagicintheair.blogspot.com/
(free Digital Stamps every Monday)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Beautiful card Sharon. Great to see you in the blog hop for Jaimie!

Lynne said...

I thought you card was lovely. I've made one too - I think this is a fabulous idea. Thanks for the chance to join in. Lynne.x

KarenB said...

Loving the pink, and I'm sure Jaimie will too

Anne said...

Stunning card for Jaimie
Here's my card for Jaimie

Shannon said...

Lovely card - the colors are perfect! Thanks for joining in the Spread the Love blog hop. I'm overjoyed at the number of caring people in the stamping community! My card is here.

xxNikkixx said...

Great card mines will be posted soon hugs nikki xx

Janice said...

This is gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing, Jaimie is going to love that card!

{hugs}
Jen

Slideshow