Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Strings Attached!

Oh my goodness! Has a week really gone by since I last posted on this blog? Yes, it certainly has. Well, I have been incredibly busy since my last post, churning out loads of Christmas cards and that has made me a bad blogger! I will fix that this week - well, there are a few DT projects to post.

Here's my DT project for Creative Card Crew which has the theme of 'Strings Attached' chosen by the lovely Linda C. The challenge is to use some string. fibre, twine, embroidery floss etc on your projects.

Ooooh! I feel really naughty because I'm going to enter this card into a couple of challenges:

Basic Grey Challenge - Glitz and bling . I've used glamour dust, glitter card and disco black embossing powder for the glitz and black prima bling gems. The papers are Basic Grey Porcelain.

Cute Card Thursday - Glitter me silly - I've used glitter card snowflakes and stars, together with the glamour dust and disco black embossing powder (which really twinkles).
I used this black ribbon fibre 'stuff' (my crafty technical term for something I'm not sure the name of) that you can see in this close up. I send a thank you to my friend Janiel for gifting this image to me...isn't it a gorgeous image? I so want to get this one for myself now that I've coloured it up.
The sad news is that we lose the fab Donna from the CCC design team today. She wants to keep working as a Stampin' Up demonstrator so she is giving up all her DT places. We are heartbroken to see her go. She's such a wonderful lady, a great inspiration and a fantastic friend that will be sorely missed on the DT. Best of luck for the future Donna.

The challenge today is sponsored by Heidi from Simon Says Stamp! There is a fab $20 credit voucher to be won by one lucky person, so I hope you'll all enter. Don't forget to take a look at the other inspiration on the challenge blog from the other DT members.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

13 comments:

Nicola said...

Your colouring is fantastic on the gorgeous image Sharon and those papers are so pretty - love your floral detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

debby4000 said...

Oh she is gorgeous and what a fab easel card.
luv
Debby

Deb said...

fabulous card, love the image and the gorgeous paper you used, thanks so much for joining in the CCT challenge! hugs Debx

Tara said...

Snap! We both used this image on today's cards, she's such a beauty!
Love the papers and sparkle Sharon and I'm so glad you were able to join in with the latest BG Challenge ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Jocelyne said...

Such a gorgeous card!!! Wish I had the talent like that.

Riet said...

Wowww Sharon,what a beautiful cards,i love the images and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sharon love your beautiful card!
hugs
kim x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Sharon

Fab easel card and love the colours of the fibres.

Hugs Ali x

Biscuitlid said...

Little Miss Naughty has created a very lovely card indeed and I'm loving those papers and your shading too

Victoria
x

Donna said...

Awww I'm going to miss working with you all too hun but don't worry, I'm still going to be stalking you for inspiration. Keep up the great work and pop over for a cuppa anytime. Hugs Donna x

Cheryl said...

wow this is stunning hun gorjus colurs and detail xx

Rufus said...

Love that image, you made a super card with it! I've always called that fiber stuff eyelash yarn. Not sure what it's "technical" name is, or if it's got one!
R/

Elborgi said...

wonderful card!

Elma

Slideshow