Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Advent Calendar Day 22

Welcome to Day 22 of the Whimsy Advent Calendar. I wish I'd made a really snowy card for inspiration for you today, but to be honest I think we've had enough snow on the ground here in the UK this week. I hope everyone is keeping warm and safe in these cold weather conditions.
As you may know, Whimsy Stamps is hosting a Whimsy December Advent Event, in which every day till Christmas, one Whimsy stamp will be given away by a member of the DT! Make sure to visit the Whimsy Stamps website daily to see some wonderful creations as well as for a chance to enter some stamp goodness.
It's my turn to host the prize today and I have a fabulous set of the holiday circle postmarks to give away to one of you lovely people that leave a comment on this post.

I've used the Christmas postmark on a couple of my cards recently and I'm sure if you scroll down my blog you will see it in action. This is a really useful set of holiday sentiments and well worth trying to win. But if you're not lucky and would like to purchase them you can do so here.
Today my card shows that even the normal Whimsy animal stamps can be dressed up for a Christmas card. These stamps are just so versatile! I chose the Whimsy Cat and Fish stamp and made the image a bit jokey by pretending that the fish was a Christmas present from 'mouse'. I must stress that no animals were harmed in the creation of this card. :)
For more inspiration with Whimsy please pop over to ANN'S BLOG because she also has something special to show you today.

Don't forget that Whimsy Stamps are looking for two guest designers for February and March 2010. If you'd like to apply you can do so here.
Please pop back tomorrow to see who has won the Holiday Circles Sentiments - and remember that all you need to do is leave me a comment on this post to be in with a chance.

Thanks for looking and Good Luck!
Sharon xx

33 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Hi Sharon,

Sorry I haven't been a good blogger recently.

I absolutely love this card. That image is so fun and the background is super.

I would just like to say Happy Christmas and have a wonderful New Year.

Hgs Ali x

debb said...

Such a cute card - thanks for the opp to win these great postmarks!

Justine said...

Great job showing versatility!!! That is my favorite part about stamping and creating. I love this naughty kitty

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Sharon
The image is just adorable.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!!

Karen x

Heather "Hev" said...

Although I havent had much chance of coming by and saying hello during this past year - I am hoping 2010 will give me the opportunity to do so.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Heather from Vanilla Hevn

gila said...

oh, was für eine tolle karte und die stempel sind so toll
lg gila

Heidi said...

This card is adorable, I could see my cat doing that if we had a fishbowl! I love that circle set, circles are my downfall.......

Mary Lou said...

Cute card Sharon~~ Thanks for chance at postmarks :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Mary Lou

paperpapier said...

beautiful card..i like the border punch that you use in this card...and..oh..i love the bright merry color..

Crazy Creations said...

Love your card that cat is the greatest I have him .Hugs Sarah

grandmalee said...

I still can't stop giggling about your card! How inventive! Thanks for reminding us not to forget our old favorites when making different holiday cards! Merry Christmas!!!

resmith said...

Such a cute card!!

jan farnworth said...

your card is great.

craft_princess said...

This card is so cute and I love the stamps! Fingers crossed! Thanks so much for a chance to win!
-Stacie

Yolanda said...

Hi Sharon, your card is awesome, love that label :)!
Great holiday circle postmarks, fingers crossed.
Wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Hugs, Yolanda

Judy said...

Your card is adorable. Thanks for sharing and for a chance to win.

helen said...

the image on the card and the sentiment make me smile...have a happy Christmas and a merry new year!

Rene said...

Hi Sharon,
I love your card and love the stamp candy.
Rene from OZ xo

JulyeB said...

What a fab card so colourful and cheerful too just the thing for a cold day. Thanks for another chance to win Julye

Trine Anette said...

What a beautiful card..

Mutte said...

A cute card

Tracey said...

WHat a fabulous card! Adorable image!

beadz said...

Great card! These postmark stamps are so cute - they would really be quite useful.
hugs,
Gini

Blankiefinder said...

What a cute idea for a card! Love the mouse giving the cat a fish :)

CeeGee said...

What a adorable card. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

Jodi said...

Very cute card ~ love the border on the top.

Mary said...

Hi Sharon, What a cute card! I love love love this image!

Merry Christmas!

hugs
Mary

Lagene said...

Sharon, What a CUTE card! Truely whimsical!

Mo said...

Sharon your card is so cute!
Hugs,
Mo

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the fun image.
luv
Debby

Cheri Howard said...

Haha! How cute! Love it!

Craftyanny said...

Great card, thanks for the chance to win some candy
Happy Christmas
Anne x

Slideshow