Thursday, 17 December 2009

Christmas Tilda

Okay, I've been naughty again! Today's card is not only my Colour Create DT card, but I'm also going to enter it into the Just Magnolia challenge. It seems an age since I coloured Tilda up and I really enjoyed making this card.
The Just Magnolia challenge theme is 'It's Christmas' and I wanted to turn Tilda with Rose into a Christmas card because I think she is versatile enough to take it.

The Colour Create Challenge is a gorgeous combination of PINK, BURGUNDY and IVORY and our optional extra is Roses. These have been picked by our mega talented Dena - thanks Dena, they were a joy to work with. Don't these colours suit Tilda so well! I hope this second photo shows the glittery glamour dust added to Tilda's dress (to turn it into her Christmas Party Dress) She has been coloured with Pro Markers and I distressed the edge with Tattered Rose distress ink.
The flowers and bling swirls are Prima. The patterned paper is Basic Grey 'Eva' and the pink paper has been run through the Cuttlebug 'Divine Swirls' embossing folder.
We're sponsored by Heidi at Simon Says Stamp! and she has given us a $25 credit voucher as a prize.
Photobucket
I hope you'll all find time to join in with the challenge over the Christmas holidays. Don't forget to take a peek at the fantastic creations that the design team have made with these colours.

Thanks for looking.
Sharon xx

16 comments:

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Oooohhhh, this is absolutley gorgeous. The colours are so warming and love the embossing you`ve done with the papers. A fantastic christmas card for somebody special.
Hugs Val. xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful colours and such a sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby

Tova said...

Your card is so delicate, very beautiful !

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!!! Sharon, this is just totally gorgeous hun!! I love everything about it!!....I mean EVERYTHING!! HUGS

nessy said...

oh sharon what a stunning ,beautiful card!!~love all the detail!
hope you and your family have a wonderful christmas time
vanessa xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Biscuitlid said...

oooh Sharon this is a proper piece of art this one, just simply beautiful. Love it to bits. Need to stay a while and admire a bit longer before I hop off

Victoria
x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hi Sharon, this is absolutely stunning!!! I love the colours & they do suit Tilda very well.

downrightcrafty said...

This is absolutely stunning Sharon, love Tilda myself and love the way you have compiled the layout. So pretty and delicate
xmas wishes
Kate x

Cheryl said...

oh this is just stunning hun you have made one fantastic card hugs cheryl xxxx

Mina said...

wow Sharon beautiful...I always think this Tilda is underused...perfect colouring and thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Such a gorgeous card Sharon and Tilda is coloured so perfectly. Gorgeous papers you have used too.

Hugs,

Jo xx

Di said...

Fabulous Sharon love the distressing around Tilda.
I recieved your card today and was over the moon its just gorgeous and isnt the image so funny!! your background paper is far better than mine!! Thankyou so much it has pride of place on my fireplace!

Have a wonderful xmas

Hugs di xxxxx

Simone said...

Fabulous card!!! Really cute!
Simone

Deanne said...

My goodness Sharon - your images are always coloured so perfectly! I am amazed every time I check your blog! This card is so beautiful with the stitching and distressing! I hope you are having a wonderful holiday!

xx-Deanne

Elise said...

Sharon, this is stunning! My goodness! Everything about it sings ... BEAUTIFUL! I love it!
Hugs,
Elise

Slideshow