Saturday, 12 December 2009

Chrstmas Love in acetate

I've scheduled this post because I'm having a weekend away. How nice is that? You bet I'll be shopping till I drop during the days and eating good food till I'm stuffed in the evenings. Hopefully I'll be able to make a huge dint into the list of presents I need to buy.
Today's card is an acetate fronted card. As well as this being my DT card for One Stop Craft Challenge, where I picked the theme this week of Christmas love, I'll also be entering it into the Spoon Full of Sugar challenge (when I get home) where the theme is Monochrome.

When I picked the theme of 'Christmas Love' I had imagined making a sumptuous, plush, red and romantic Christmas card for my hubby. What happened? I have no idea - I just went mad with brown and cream instead.
The Penny Black image has been coloured with a mix of distress inks and promarkers. I added texture to the image with some Polar White Flowersoft and also sprinkled some glamour dust in with it to make the snow sparkle.
I created my own background again. This was a really quick and simple one, but I love how it turned out. I used distress inks in antique linen and brushed corduroy to randomly stamp the Love Fluff Large Hampton Art stamp and tea dye distress ink for the Stampendous Ornate Heart stamp. Then I used a little more antique linen to define the edge of the cream card and mounted it onto dark brown card.


The 'Xmas love' letters are a Hero Arts set called pattern alphabet that my friend Janiel sent me for my birthday - Thanks Janiel ((big wave)). These have been stamped in the same distress inks as the background.
Please take a look at the challenge blog for some inspiration from the rest of the One Stop DT and for details of this week's prize.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

8 comments:

andrea said...

what a sweet card, love what you did with the cellofane
hugs andrea

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Sharon, this is just adorable!! I love the colors and layout!! Hope you have a wonderful time this weekend! HUGS :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. So cute.

Biscuitlid said...

beautiful card Shafron, I love your hand made background - brilliant.

Enjoy your weekend away, sounds like fun!

Victoria
x

Faye said...

Sharon, you can be counted on to produce a delightful card and this one certainly is that! I love the kissing hedgehogs (at least, that's what I call them). Very beautiful design and colors.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pauline C said...

Adorable Sharon! This was the very first PB stamp Ie ver bought 3 years ago and i used it to make my hubby's Christmas card that year lol! Love your cool colour scheme. Hope you're fhaving a good weekend away, and thanks for the Christmas card whicha rrived today :-)
pauline x

joey said...

Hiya Sharon hun

oh this is gorgeous, fantastic colour scheme love it

Joey.x

Slideshow