Saturday, 5 December 2009

Explode a card!

What a fantastic weekend this is! Why is it different from any other? Well, I have the week off from work next week - oooooh! bliss! I have lots of things planned. One of the highlights is going to see the show 'Here Comes The Girls!' Oh yes....just a little bit of Lulu, Chaka Khan and Anastasia (You bet I'll be singing my heart out! - at top volume! Everyone else should bring ear plugs, lol)

Anyway, before that I have to show you today's card. This is a DT card for the One Stop Craft Challenge, but I am also entering it into the Crafty Calendar Club challenge and the Stamp Something challenge
Okay, for the One Stop Craft Challenge, Maggie has set us the theme of 'fancy folds' - thank you so much Maggie - I love doing that. Fancy folding is a favourite of mine and today, just for a change, I've created an 'Explosion Card' which explodes when you open it.
For the Crafty Calendar Club - the theme is Winter Sparkle - yep, think I've covered that too with my glittery embossing
and for Stamp Something, they want to see Glitzy somethings. Well, we have glittery embossing and the holographic accented border I've applied too.

Right, for the One Stop Craft Challenge of a fancy fold - my explosion......this is something I saw on Create and Craft TV a while back. I am so glad that I quickly followed the instructions on the demo and saved it for a 'rainy day' (boy! are we having some of those in the UK at the moment!)

When the card is not opened, the folded paper looks like this:


and then when you open it up.........

it explodes outwards!
What a fab interior to a card! This is one of those cards that, once people have received one, gets requested again and again.
I'm not sure if people are interested in these....but if you are, just let me know by leaving a comment and if it is something that you'd all like to try I'll put some instructions together.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx


14 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Sharon, Wow stunning card!

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Lisa x

Anneke said...

Hi Sharon, What a gorgeous creation! Very, very nice card.

XX Anneke

Faye said...

Yes!!! Please give instructions for this wonderful card. I have made an exploding box before but never a card. This is really beautiful as well as so very creative.

Sarah said...

Love the exploding card - what a great insert. I would love to have the instructions for it.
Sarah x

Shelley said...

Wow Sharon, this is fab, it must have taken some time. The colours are great.
Hugs Shelley xx

Cheryl said...

wow this is gojus hun love it xxx

Rufus said...

Would love to see a tutorial on how you put this together! Really nifty
R/

carol said...

wow your card is amazing, well done you! x carol

Georgia said...

This is fabulous Sharon, I love the fold out idea and the image is lovely! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
Georgia xx

Rosanne said...

Hi Sharon--I love this card! You did a wonderful job with it. I would love to know how to do one if you don't mind. I believe that anyone receiving one of these would be so pleased!

Thanks for sharing--Happy Holidays!

Kim. said...

This is a gorgeous card Sharon, I love the colours you used. Thanks for joining us this month.
Kim xXx - Crafty Calendar Challenges

Jocelyne Chevarie said...

I would really love having the instructions for this exploding card.

Thanks for sharing with us

Have a nice day,

Jo ;o)

Roger said...

I LOVE the Exploding card concept Sharon. It is an absolutely amazing Idea. Where can I get one asap.
Regards...Roger

Roger said...

You have an absolutely wonderfully creative mind. I should be so Lucky.
Will certainly keep you site on file Sharon...Roger

Slideshow