Thursday, 3 December 2009

Lilac and Aqua Thanks

Okay, I'm starting to panic...it's already December and I haven't bought a single Christmas present yet. Why is it that I seem to get more disorganised every year? Mind you, the turkey is already on order, so we won't go hungry.
Today, I'm giving Christmas a miss - well, as far as the card making goes. For my Colour Create DT card this week I've made another 'Thank You' card for those wonderful nurses.
Our fabulous Deanne picked the colours of Lilac or Purple with Aqua, Black and White for the challenge (oooh! I love lilac and aqua together) and she gave us this picture for inspiration.
There's no optional extra this week so everyone is free to do what they want to and use anything they like. We have a couple of lovely stamps as the prize for this challenge that have been donated by:
Thanks Michelle!
I wanted to use something unique on my card again - so, you guessed it - I made a masterboard and used it as the background.
First I stamped the Hampton Art Love Fluff Large heart stamp in clear ink onto white card and heat embossed it with Stampendous Stamp'n Stuff Kaleidoscope embossing powder (it really twinkles). Then I smudged Adirondack Lights ink in Aqua and Ink It Up! Lavender ink all over the card and sprayed with a water mister. Once dry, I stamped the Debbi Moore Heart Swirl stamp in the Aqua and Lavender ink and finally stamped a few tiny hearts from the Basic Grey Love Swirl in black Stayzon.

The other stamps used are Penny Black Kindness sentiment, Woodware 'Must Have' Retro Words and the large central heart is an Anita's one.

You should see the amazing creations made by the rest of the DT - I love the way we all use slightly different shades and styles and we have everything from bold and bright to soft and subtle.
I hope you'll find time to join in again this week - and thanks to everyone for joining in the last challenge too.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

15 comments:

Tova said...

quelle classe ! Very beautiful !

andrea said...

what a beautiful card
I love the colours too
hugs andrea

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and so elegant too.
luv
Debby

Deanne said...

Fabulous Sharon! You are such an artist! Your background is amazing! I love the aqua embellishments! Fantastic as always!

xx-Deanne

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Sharon, I love the colours and a beautiful background. I've been a bad blogger to! Glad you all enjoyed the christening!
Clairexx

Anneke said...

Gorgeous card. Wow the colors are beautiful.

XX Anneke

pinky said...

This is one gorgeous combination of colours Sharon, beautiful card. I'm like you turkey and ham ordered, so at least we can feed people lol.
Pinky

JulyeB said...

Beautiful card Sharon looks quite relaxing too Julye

Dena said...

My goodness Sharon, how pretty! Wow what a technique for the heart. I love it! Hugs, Dena

Di said...

Just fabulous Sharon really striking and love your background. Did you see my card inspired by you on my blog? i did it for the SFTW DT challenge, and you inspired me!!
Love the card hun!

Hugs Di xxxx

Cheryl said...

wow how classy is this so elegant love love it xxx

scrappyjan said...

OH Sharon this card is over the top beautiful!!! I love the design and you have all of the right things in the right paces. it's FABBY!!!!!!!!!!
love it!!!!!!!
hugs, Janiel

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon
Such a beautiful easel card, your details are fabulous!!

Karen x

Chris said...

Absolutely fantastic card Sharon! I love the background paper you made, so much nicer than anything that could be bought and the design and and easel shape is wonderful. Have a great weekend. Chris xx

mueppi said...

Wow..... Sharon
your easel card is gorgeous!
I love the colours and all details!
Hugs Gisela

Slideshow