Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Whimsy Advent Calendar - Day 15

Oooooh! After today there are only another 9 days of the Whimsy Advent Calendar to go and then Christmas will be here. I hope everyone has posted all their cards and have the preparations well under way - well, I hope you've bought most of your presents anyway to avoid the last minute rush.

Today my Whimsy Advent Calendar inspiration is a get well card for a man. I've used the Rough Day Sentiments and the Whimsy Dog and Sign to make this card. The papers are Basic Grey and the buttons and fibres are ones I had lying around in my stash.
I roughed up the edges of the paper because I thought that fit in well with the sentiment. The papers have also been distressed around the edges using peeled paint distress ink. The sentiment was made up from two of the sentiments in the set - 'feel better' and 'rough day?'. I just masked out the words I didn't use before stamping the ones I did.

We have one of Whimsy's fantastic frog stamps as the prize today, so if you'd like to enter for the candy draw hop over to Vicki's blog (and good luck!)

I'll keep updating my sidebar for the the remainder of the advent calendar so you can either go to the Whimsy site or click on one of the links in my side bar to see the inspiration and enter the candy draws.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

11 comments:

gila said...

wow, die karte sieht so süß aus, allerliebst
lg gila

Cheryl said...

wow this is amazing such a fab image and your coluring is brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Fantastic card Sharon! I love the papers and distressed edges, fab texture! Wonderful details and accents too. :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

HI sweetie!! WOW!! I just adore your Whimsy creation today!! LOVE the yarn strung throughout your layout!! :) Beautiful coloring and fab design hun!!

And I sure WISH I was the lucky one with shopping being done...but I've barely started!! LOL!! Hope you enjoy the Season!! HUGS

khunter47 said...

Your card is absolutely precious. I love it. TFS.

Kathy H

Tracey said...

This is adorable! Love your card!!

Mimiko said...

This is so cute and lovely, love the colours :)

grandmalee said...

Awwwwwwww...he's so cute! My daughter's a Animal Welfare Officer & dog trainer, so both of these stamps would be so perfect for her. Your colors are great for the masculine card, but I would send this to anyone. TFS!

debby4000 said...

Oh I love this card Sharon, great colours and fab image.
luv
Debby

Rene said...

Don't you just love this cute little doggy!!! Thanks for the chance to win.
Rene from OZ xo

Slideshow