Monday, 11 January 2010

ABC and Penny Black

It's going to be a busy week on my blog because I had lots of time to craft over the weekend so I have made a card for almost every day. It's going to be a week of opposites too because some cards are simple with clean lines and others are fussy and have lots of distressing.

The card I have to show today is for two challenges:

Penny Black Challenge - the sketch layout
ABC - L is for layering.

I kept the embellishments really simple and sparse on this card because I thought the layers would be covered up if I added to much to the lovely sketch.
Just for a change I made a tent card. The papers are from the Paper Cellar. Penny Black image is called Surprise. The leaves have been made from the petals of one of those enormous bloom flowers and the roses were from Hobbycraft. The sentiment is Papermania, ribbons and stickles were from my stash. The distress ink I used for the edges of the papers is Shabby Shutters.
It's funny, but now that the card is finished I feel like I need to add something else to it....but I am restraining myself from doing so because I'll only spoil it.
Thanks for looking.
Sharon xx

10 comments:

Yolanda said...

I think it looks great! Lovely colours and flowers. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs Yolanda

JulyeB said...

Fab card sharon, the leaves I thought were mistletoe befoe I read your post but I will have to bear that trick in mind for christmas they would look fab with a pearl , then they would be mistletoe. love the card thanks Julye

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - love the colours and papers...and those hedgies are adorable!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

debby4000 said...

Adorable Hegies, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Viv's Visuals said...

This is such a pretty card! Like everything about it.

Pauline C said...

Very sweet card Sharon - those papers are gorgeous and I love your image. great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC hun :-)
pauline x

Crystal said...

Absolutely DARLING!!!! LOVE those flowers and leaves...Great sketch!

Kath said...

beautiful card sharon...love those gorgeous soft papers and your adorable hedgies.......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

{Jane} said...

Beautiful

Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Sharon, this is so very sweet!! HUGS

Slideshow