Wednesday, 13 January 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different

With that title on my post, I wonder how many of you will spend the rest of the day with the Monty Python theme tune in your head. I know I probably will.
I'm going to enter my card into a few challenges:
PaperPlay Challenge - Precious metals
Frosted Designs - Ink Challenge

Today's card is not just a step away from my normal 'style'....it's a giant leap! I thought I would really give my distress inks a work-out, and at the same time try out a different style of card. To say I'm nervous about posting pictures of this card is an understatement. But here we go.
Shocked? I was. I know I've over embellished (or wrongly embellished) this but for a first attempt I was bound to get something wrong. That's the way I learn; I give it a go and see what I did wrong, then try not to do the wrong things again.
However, my eldest daughter absolutely loves this card and she wants it for one of her friends - so it can't be that bad.


I have to show a close-up of the dragonfly wings. I love the effect on them but you may need to zoom the picture to see it properly. This is what you get if you use crackle glaze and whilst it is still wet, use a heat gun until it starts to bubble.
I won't begin to list the items I used on this card - there are far too many.

Thanks for looking, and if you have any hints or tips for this style of card I will gladly receive them because I'm sure I will try this style again.
Sharon xx

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

well hun no wonder your daughter wanted it for a friend as its gojus,think its brilliany hun honest really love all the layers,and colurs in this hugs cheryl xxxx

Mandi said...

What a fantastic card, I LOVE it!
Everything about it is fabulous

mandi xx

Riet said...

Beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh so gorgeous Sharon!! Love your pretty colors and design!! HUGS

Anita Hovey said...

It's gorgeous...so totally different from anything I could create too, but it's good to look outside your comfort zone. Thanks for playing along at The Corrosive Challenge this week.

Sarah said...

Hi there, I love this card, your very inspiration in showing us your techniques - this card really has the wow factor - carry on, Sarah x

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sharon what a stunning card!
I love it no wonder your daughter snapped it up!
hugs
kim x

Ann said...

A really fab card - thank you so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx

CraftyC said...

Its beautiful Sharon, a lovely collection of colours!
Clairex

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon this is a really fabulous image and I lovoe your unusual treatment of it - it looks really artful and original Superb!
Pauline x

Slideshow