Tuesday, 12 January 2010

An Angel for Amelia

This year I am going to try really, really hard to 'Get Ahead and Stay Ahead'. For me, that means making sure I have all my family cards made in plenty of time - because I always make them at the last minute and they end up really rushed. It also means trying to get ahead with my DT items. Let's hope I can keep to this throughout 2010.
So, here is my first family Christmas card for 2010 and I'm entering it into two challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Angel
Sketch Saturday - the sketch layout

A is for Angel and it's also for our angel of a granddaughter Amelia. I had to make something soft and girly for her so an angel and this colour scheme was perfect. I made a few of my own backgrounds for last Christmas and this was one that I had put aside for something special but I didn't get round to using it. I think it suits the heavenly WOJ angel so well.

I had to take 2 photos (sorry). The top one hopefully shows a bit of the glitz in the stickles on the image and the crystal embossing powder I used on the border stamping around the edge of the card.
This second one may just show a few shadows for the layers. Why is it that I just can't get both things in one photograph?

Right, that's one family card finished.....now where should I store it so that I don't lose it between now and Christmas??

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

14 comments:

Michele said...

Such a pretty card Sharon. Love the WOJ image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card, stunning angel.
luv
Debby

pinky said...

Sharon it is absolutely gorgeous, the papers are just perfect for an angel and love all the glitter.
Pinky

Pauline C said...

Beautiful card Sharon - love the soft colours and your hand made background is so feminine and pretty - is that glimmer mists? Good luck with "getting ahead and staying ahead " ....I've promised myself too but I bet for me it won't last lol!!
Pauline x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pumpy said...

Lovely card, good idea get them done in time, but I agree with you the storage !!!!! LOL

nessy said...

gorgeous xmas card sharon ~such a pretty angel.
hope you stay ahead with your card makes!!
vanessa xx

Crystal said...

Gorgeous card gorgeous colors!!

Samantha said...

Gorgeous card, shes a very cute image Amelia will love it!
hope you find a good safe place to store your cards! and if you are joining if every week with our challenge you should remember where you put them as you will be adding to them? true? t ehehee

thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge,
Samantha :0)

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW! This is adorable, I love that image and your embellishments. Lovely card!

Cheryl said...

wow love this its adorable love the image and those colurs well perfect hugs cheryl xxx

Vicky (Angeldrummer) said...

What a beautiful card.

Thannk you so much for joining us on our first ABC Christmas Challenge

Vicky x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Sharon :-) The image is lovely and those papers are absolutely gorgeous ! :-)
I just bought a nice christmassy cardboard box to put all my cards in :-) I won't misplace them like I did this Christmas ,,,, !!!! :-)


Thanks for joining the first ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Slideshow