Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Blue 'Sweet' Heart

It looks like I am getting back into the swing of things this year, even if I'm not up to top speed yet. Hopefully it won't be too long before I have a card to post nearly every day.
Today's card is for the Spoon Full Of Sugar Challenge where the theme this week is HEARTS. There are Hearts galore on my card - but you will need to look at the inside to find the sweet element.

I thought I'd make a male Valentine card, but I think this one has ended up being a little too 'fussy' for a man. Well, you know what they are like. On the inside I've added the 'sweet' element of the little birds.
Here's an 'artistic' shot of the heart on the front. I was trying to show the layers and the curving of the sentiment.

Once again I've made my own backing paper using a mixture of heart stamps.
Hope you're all having a good week and that those of you in the UK are keeping warm in the snowy weather.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

16 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so cute, love the blues and ribbon and how the paper flows over the heart beautiful card!

Crystal said...

Sharon this is beautiful, LOVE the blues!!!! Gorgeous!

Cassandra said...

What a wonderful card! I love that you used blue instead of the traditional colors! I love how the ribbon on the heart curves out and love the ribbon on the card itself! Fantastic job!
Hugs!
Cassandra

andrea said...

wowww, what a stunning card
love all that blue
hags andrea

cats whiskers said...

What a really cute and pretty card this is, I love your handmade backing paper dear
Hugs Jacqui x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Sharon love the colour. Hope you and your family are all well and keeping warm in the cold weather. luv gina xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sharon this is absolutely amazing!
hugs
kim x

Sarah said...

I love the way you do your backing papers - very inspirational - also your card is fab to - Sarah x

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is totally stunning fantastic colurs and wow totally blown away,take care hun look after yourself hugs cheryl xxxx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh my goodness!! Sharon, this is just stunning!! I love your beautiful design!! HUGS

Deb said...

stunning card Sharon, love it, wish I was getting back to normal, have a nasty cold this week so progress has been held up! hugs Debx

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Sharon,thanks for playing along with ASFOS this week,Hugs Debbie x

Alex said...

WOW! This is an absolutely stunning card!

nessy said...

gorgeous card and in blue for a "boy" ~ love all the detail ~perfect
vanessa xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Sharon,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Lins said...

Hello Sharon,

thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment at my card.
What a beautiful cards you make, I love all the little details and pretty papers.
I'm also a fan of your horse card, really wow.
I'd like to become your folower ;-)

Greetings,

Lins

Slideshow