Saturday, 16 January 2010

Fancy Edges and Corners

I promised my next cards wouldn't be blue, didn't I? And I've stuck to it for today and tomorrow at least. I won't make any promises for Monday because I haven't made that card yet. The majority of my crafting gets completed at the weekends and I maybe finish one or two cards during the week. But hey! I've managed a card every day this week!

We have some really exciting news today at the One Stop Craft Challenge. There are 4 new DT members! These girls are fabulous, not only in their creations but they are also such fun and enthusiastic people. I'm really going to enjoy working with them.

A warm welcome goes out to the talented (in alphabetical order):
Itzuvit and
Please pop along to their blogs to view their lovely work and say Hi while you are there.

This week I set the challenge and I'd love to see:
fancy edges and corners.

Please interpret this theme as you'd like.

My card is a simple baby card. For the fancy edges I've used the Martha Stewart heart border punch, and the nesties also have a fancy edge. I've added some embossed hearts to the corners (a Debbi Moore stamp) and cut the corners away.

The main image is a Personal Impressions stamp and for a bit of textural interest I used the swiss dots cuttlebug folder.

Hop on over to the challenge to see the fab cards made by the rest of our extended design team. The girls have some fabulous inspiration for you.

Shelley has donated a wonderful prize of a selection of scrapbook papers worth £10 - so why not join in the challenge if you have time.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

9 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

ooooh this is a lovely card for a new arrival! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Crystal said...

Sharon this is stunning, gorgeous card and a BEAUTIFUL job on the challenge!!!

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Sharon i love the valentine heart edges and the hearts in the corners are beautiful. luv gina xx

Tara said...

This is one totally sweet card Sharon!
Hugs Tara xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sharon this is so beautiful!
Love that pink and so very sweet!
hugs
kim x

Cheryl said...

wow hun this is stunning such attention to detail love the colur combo and image too hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and the colours.
So sweet.

Hugs Riet.xx

Faye said...

Sharon, this is such an elegant baby card. I love the scalloped edges.

Nikki said...

Hi Sharon, a great challenge, really enjoyed it. A beautiful card as always, its really is lovely
Nikki xx

Slideshow