Friday, 22 January 2010

Frosted Chipped Love

Wow! This week has flown by so quickly! It's been hectic at work and hectic at home too, which is always good because you don't get the chance to get bored. I have a really hectic weekend coming up too, with a wedding and several outings but I still have some crafty makes ready for next week.

Today is my debut, along with all the other new DT members, at Frosted Designs. I must say a big "thanks" to Meg and Jamie for picking me for their DT and "Hi" to all the other girls. I'll be along to see what you've all created later today because this post will go live whilst I'm leaving for work.
Today's challenge is CHIPBOARD. We'd like to see people using chipboard on their creations.
I did say that one or two of the challenges would take me outside my comfort zone, didn't I? This was one of them because I don't think I've ever used chipboard on my cards.
I'm also entering it into:
Crafty Ann's Challenge - embossing (I've got embossed paper on the bottom)
Creative Belli Blog - Hearts (The heart shaped Pin)
PolkaDoodles Challenge - Love (sentiment 'With Love'.....I may be too late for that challenge though)

I think you can see that the chipboard I've used are the paisley shapes. These were completely undecorated and a greyish colour when I started. So, I painted them with white acrylic paint and whilst that was still wet, I took a swirly background stamp and stamped into the acrylic paint. This gives an indented impression of the swirls - kind of like reverse heat embossing.
When the paint was dry, I used a promarker to colour in the indented lines. The chipboards were finished off with a little glossy accent. To complete the card the papers were slightly roughed up at the edges and sewn, pleated a satin ribbon and used lots of flowers and pearls.
This shot should show how 3d the flowers are. Sorry it's a but dark (still need some photography lessons).
Please take a look at what the rest of the incredibly talented DT have made There is bound to be everything from cards to scrap pages - so, something for everyone.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

22 comments:

Elborgi said...

wow-I love the colors and the card is so fantastic!
Hugs
Elma

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Sharon this is so beautifully stunning!
Love everything about your gorgeous card!
hugs
kim x

andrea said...

stunning card, love the colours
very chique
hugs andrea

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful card Sharon, I love the colours you have chosen and your first foray into using chipboard is a triumph! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Beryl said...

This is beautiful - I love the shade of green you've used on this lovely creation. Thank for joining in Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Clare said...

So pretty! I love the layered ribbon! :)

brenda said...

Hello Sharon

This is just adroable, love the colours and the way you have designed the card.

Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this week.

B x

Kris L said...

This is a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week...Kris

jdmommy said...

These colors are just so beautiful! Adding the heart pin was genius...pure genius! thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge this week. Come again!!

Dolly said...

Wow Sharon, beautiful card. Polka Doodles doesn't close until Sunday so you're still in with a chance of winning, thanks for joining in. :)x

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful card, love the pleating, it's fab! Thanks for joining the fun at Polka Doodle!

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card Sharon quite stunning effect with those very elegant colours the design and that embossing is WOW thank you so much for joining our challenge at Crafty Ann's

Hugs
Lorraine x

Cheryl said...

wow this is fantastic hun love it wow hugs cheryl xxxx

Ceal said...

Wow what a beautiful card! thanks for playing with us in the Belli challenge

Chrissie said...

This is simply beautiful Sharon, it's so delicate looking! Total elegance!
Chrissie

Tip Top said...

Stunning and the colours are wonderful! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Pauline C said...

Beautiful and unusual layout Sharon - love the pleated ribbon and pretty stamping on the edges - the flower arrangement is gorgeous.
Pauline x

Liz Williams said...

What a beautiful way to use ribbon and flowers. Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge with your gorgeous card.

Kerry said...

Beautiful card, love all the different textures. So romantic. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Chrissy D said...

Sharon - this is STUNNING and elegant! Love the detail! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Fliss said...

This is just beautiful and the colours are great. A very elegant card.
Thanks for joining in with this week's Polka Doodles challenge.

starcyl said...

This is a beautiful, elegant card and I wish I could come up with such creations. Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann's.
Jenny x

Slideshow