Saturday, 2 January 2010

Lemon and Lime

Happy New Year to everyone! Here's wishing you all the best in 2010 and I hope that everyone had a fantastic Christmas too.


I've only just noticed that my Colour Create card post didn't automatically appear when it should have. Sorry folks but here it is now.


The colour theme over at Colour Create this week is one to blow away those winter cobwebs and help us to start to think about fresh, spring colours. The colours I chose are LEMON and LIME and the optional extra is SPRING or SUMMER FLOWERS.

I had to take my photo by electric light so the lemon looks a bit more cream than lemony, but the flash went off on one photo (below) and that shows a bit more like the true colours on the card. I was a lucky girl because Santa sent me another one of those stamps I had been meaning to get for a long time. Thanks Paula - I love this Sarah Kay stamp and she coloured up beautifully in Promarkers.The papers are from K&Co, Tim Coffey Daffodil pad. All other embellishments are things I already had in my craft room.


I hope you'll find time to join in with the challenge and as always you really should take a look at the awesome creations from the rest of our amazing design team.

Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

14 comments:

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Fantastic card Sharon, just love all the details you have added and I always love seeing this image.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Much love,

Jo xxx

Di said...

Hi Hun
I did come the other day to comment but thought you must have been busy!!love this card its fab! this is one of my fav images and she looks great in lemon.
Happy new year to you and all!!

Hugs Di xxxxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Wow Sharon I love this card, I didn't think I liked Lemon adn Lime but all the cards I have seen so far are stunning. Hope you had a fabulous Christmas dear and hope 2010 brings you everything you could wish for
Hugs Jacqui x

Pauline C said...

Very pretty - love the colouring and shading. Happy New Year hun!
pauline x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! This is just gorgeous!! I really love your colors and your design details!! Happy New Year friend!! HUGS

scrappyjan said...

Hi SHaron, Love your card!! I love the choice of your image for these colours. I was just going to shoot you an email because I came the other day and no card. worried me a bit.. :o)
Happy New Year to you. hugs, Janiel

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sharon this is so very beautiful!
Love that colour combo and gorgeous detail!
Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
hugs
kim x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon,i love your image and papers.

I wish you a very happy new year.
Hugs Riet.xx

Ruth said...

This is a lovely fresh looking card! I'll have to enter this challenge ,it makes a great change from Christmas,Ruth :)

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card Sharon and your new stamp is so sweet! Wonderful colouring and design and those papers are so springlike, love them. Wishing you a very happy new year, hope it's a good one. big hugs, Chris xx

Cheryl said...

wow this is just brilliant so love all your added detail happy new yaer hun too hugs cheryl xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous, wonderful image and colours.
luv
Debby

Dena said...

Sharon, wow, you did such a great job with these colors! I just adore this Sarah Kay, she is too sweet.
I hope you have a wonderful 2010!
Hugs, Dena

Rica said...

Hi Sharon - Happy New Year to you and your family. Love the image (one of my favourites too)and love how you've coloured and used her, and such fab details.
hugs Heather xx

Slideshow