Saturday, 9 January 2010

A night at the movies

I've done my bit to make people laugh in the snow...well anyone that was in Winchester at 9.10am on Thursday morning by the traffic lights on Jury Street near the theatre will have had a massive giggle. Yep, you guessed it, I had a Charlie Chaplin moment on the ice; both feet flew up in front of me, I was horizontal in the air for a few seconds before my whole body slammed down onto the pavement. (blush!) Luckily I've escaped with only a few bruises and a massively bruised composure. lol! Needless to say, I'm staying indoors now.
But, the upshot of the story is that I was too stiff and sore to finish off my creation for the One Stop Craft Challenge. Our lovely Maggie has provided the excellent theme of:
A night at the movies
So I decided to make both a card and a popcorn container but the card remains unfinished on my desk, and I didn't venture out to buy the popcorn. Thanks for this theme Maggie; it was such fun to work with.
I'm also going to enter this into the My Time To Craft challenge because their theme is 'Blue and Brown'
I think it is more luck than anything else that the popcorn container looks about the right shape because I didn't have a template to follow. The striped pattern is actually pale blue and brown but the photo has made it look brown and white. The image is something I found in my clip art files. The tags and tickets were made from blank ones on the Bearly Mine CD.
Shelley has given us this fabby Popcorn Bear stamp for the winner of this week's challenge. I used this stamp on my DT card last week.

Please take a look at the creative ways that the rest of the DT have interpreted the theme this week; they made me smile.

And a big thank you to everyone that entered our DT call. Watch out for some new talent joining us in the coming weeks.

Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

12 comments:

Shelley said...

Hope your back is feeling better today hun, this popcorn holder is fab. I love the colour scheme.
Hugs Shelley xx

cats whiskers said...

You are so clever no template for this fabulous Popcorn holder wow
Hugs Jacqui x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous funky container Sharon - so sorry to hear about your mishap before you got the complete set finished .. hope you're feeling better now!
Hugs
Pauline x

Biscuitlid said...

ooh this is fab Sharon and without a template too!!

Sorry to hear you slipped, I loathe walking with all this ice.

Hope your bruises heal quickly

Hugs
Victoria
x

Pat said...

Gorgeous popcorn holder, thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week. Hope you are now feeling better after your fall.

Pay xx

Cheryl said...

oh this is great hun and how you did it without a template i do not know glad you are okay after your fall hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Daniele said...

great popcorn holder sweet popcorn bear thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

Riet said...

What beautiful sharon,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Faye said...

Oh, Sharon, I'm so glad you didn't break anything. How awful that must have been!

Your popcorn box, even without the popcorn, is amazing. I love it.

Rufus said...

Oh you poor thing! Hope that you are to terribly stiff and sore. Your popcorn container is great. Can almost smell the butter!
R/

Chrissie said...

Hi Sharon, this is a fab project.
DO take care! So many people seem to
have taken a tumble in these really difficult conditions. I've hardly been out of the house for ages!
I hope you'll be feeling better soon.Thanks for joining in our challenge at My Time to Craft this week!
Chrissie

Lesley said...

Great box Sharon, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge, and I hope your bruises are better soon! xx

Slideshow