Monday, 25 January 2010

Simon Says - Punch it!

I'm scheduling this post from my sickbed. Yep, I succumbed to a rotten cold and feel weak so I've had to take to my bed. I'm sure I'll be back to normal in a day or two and it's just one of those winter things. Luckily we have a laptop and I had some cards made for this week so I can carry on publishing things for this week.


When I saw that the Simon Says Stamp Challenge had a theme of Punch It!! It gave me the inspiration I needed to make the final card for the wedding that happened Saturday. I was completely stuck for something different to do before that. Now the wedding is over I can show this card to you.




All the leaves and flowers on the horseshoe (except the prima roses) are made with punches. The bride's dress was ivory, so I used a pearlised paper to punch the shapes and also used it as the backing. I added the bride and groom's initials each side of the sentiment. The easel card shape is a perfect way to display a lucky horseshoe.



I'm entering this into:



La-La Land Crafts - fancy folds



Items Used:

Pearlised paper

Hobby Art sentiment stamp embossed in silver tinsel.

Woodware punches (a blue one with retro flower shaped mini flowers (it punches 5 different sizes in one go) and 2 yellow ones)

Strings of pearl beads

Prima e-line pearls

Heart pin

feathers

Ribbon


There is still one day left to enter the Simon Says Stamp Challenge DT call if you are interested!

Thanks for looking

Sharon xx

24 comments:

Doris P. said...

Oh wow! I´t´s wunderfull! So romantic!
Hugs&greetings from Austria
Doris

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Sharon this is absolutely beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Mandi said...

Absolutely STUNNING!

mandi xx

debby4000 said...

Oh wow this is stunning.
luv
Debby

Diane said...

Such a gorgeous Wedding Card!!!

Crystal said...

Sharon oh my word the elegance here!!! this is one stunner and those flowers are GORGEOUS!

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW! This is beautiful! I love all the flowers. So elegant!

Kathy said...

WOW Sharon this is so pretty!! I love all the shimmery white!!!
Thanks so much for playing along at our challenge at La La Land!
:)Kathy

Elena said...

Wow! What a stunning card! I really love all the flowers and all the shimmer!
Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land Crafts!

Riet said...

Wowwww Sharon,what a beautiful,i love the colour, so chique.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cheryl said...

wow this is just stunning,so eleagant,really love it to bits,such wonderful detail really amazing hugs cheryl xxxxx

Kristine said...

WOW, this is amazing! Elegance at it's best, I say *Ü* Thanks so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts last week! *Ü*

Pam S. said...

lovely! I love punch art and this is beautiful!
Pam Going Postal

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous Sharon!!!
blessings, Maria

Irina said...

Awesome card!!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with us this week at La-La Land Crafts challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Elborgi said...

so elegant and beautiful!

Elma

Lorraine A said...

Fantastic card Sharon :-) Absolutely stunning ! I am sure the happy couple just love this gorgeous creation :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge :-)

Luv
Lols x x

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is perfect for a wedding card! I like Doris's word - ROMANTIC! STUNNING!

Sam said...

Beautiful card Sharon, looks like a lot of punching went into this!! Hope you are feeling better soon.
Great to see you back at CCC.
Sam x

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon this is absultely amazing - stunning punching hun!! Hope you're soon feeling better. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge this time
Pauline x

kanishk said...

this is stunning.

Work from home India

Jess said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

scrappyjan said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sharon this is breathtaking!
hugs, Janiel

daffyscrapper said...

Awesome card I LOVE punchs nice to see them used so effectively

Slideshow