Sunday, 17 January 2010

Simon Says....Shabby Chic

How could I resist entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week when they have such a fantastic theme as Shabby Chic? I couldn't. This is one of my all time favourite styles of card and I have so much fun making them.

I know I don't often show these cards on my blog, but that is only because I like to use sentiment stamps on the front and unfortunately I don't own lots of those. I'd hate to bore you with the same sentiments all the while. However, I'm in the middle of making lots of wedding cards at the moment and I'd splashed out on this little beauty of a stamp. I thought this stamp would be really handy for weddings, engagements, valentines and anniversaries.


I've kept this card pretty clean for some reason. Normally I distress the flowers, leaves and papers, but I thought the roughed up edges, the inked lace and the shabby, loose sewing was enough to hit the shabby chic look.

Items used:
Burgundy card stock
Paper Cellar Victorian Burgundy papers
Inca Stamp Co. Love Poem stamp
Prima e-line pearls
Prima Painterly Petals Hydrangeas
McGill Pine Branch Punch
Embroidery thread, lace, inks and organza ribbon from my stash

The Simon Says Stamp Challenge are running a DT call at the moment and it closes on Tuesday 26th January. Have you all entered? If you haven't, head over there now.

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

18 comments:

andrea said...

just beautiful
love it
hugs andrea

Janette said...

Just beautiful,love the design and the verse is so gorgeous,good luck.x

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous Sharon - fabulous stamp and fantastic layout and details - beautiful shabby chic look
Pauline x

nessy said...

wow!! this is so creative ~amazing card sharon ~love it all
vanessa xx

Penni said...

I love your take on Sahabby Chic.

Hugs
Penni
X

Debbie said...

This is just gorgeous Sharon,I love the Shabby Chic look,Hugs Debbie x

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful! Love the colours and the shabbiness. Kim

tiggertastic said...

this is amazing, what a stunning card you have created Sharon. i love the flowers to bits and everything realy works so well together

hope you are having a good weekend.

Sarah x

Crystal said...

Jaw dropping card Sharon!! WOW love these colors and all your gorgeous accents!!!!

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
Sharon this is absolutely stunning!
I love your beautiful card so much!
hugs
kim x

Mandi said...

Stunning hun!

mandi xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Sharon,i love your papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Itzuvit said...

Sharon this is absolutely a gorgeous vintage card!!! I loved all the details!
Hugs Itzuvit xx

Cheryl said...

amazing card hun love that image great papers,too such wonderful detail love hugs cheryl xxxx

gina g said...

wow Sharon this is Gorgeous i love it. luv gina xx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is stunning beautiful details
luv
Debby

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Such a gorgeous card Sharon and I just love the verse you have used, as you say, that will cover a multitude of occasions ! Beautiful papers and flowers.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

HappyCrafter said...

This is stunning, fabulous job with the embellishments!

Slideshow