Thursday, 28 January 2010

Two for the price of one!

Well, I didn't have time to post a card last night (still too poorly) so to make up for it today, here are two cards. Our fantastic Jo at the Colour Create Challenge has given us the most wonderful colour combination to work with.

Soft Pink, Soft Blue, White and Silver.

Yummy!


The cards made by the rest of the uber talented DT are wonderful. Take a look here!

I know the blue is a little strong on this first card but as soon as I saw what the colours were for this week, I knew I just had to use this image. It's adorable! I think I was a little rough with the distress ink on the sky but all in all I'm pleased with this card. I left it without a sentiment because I'm not sure if it'll be used for an engagement, anniversary or valentines card. I'm just keeping the options open. :o)


My second card uses one of the images from the sponsor of this week's challenge (http://www.stretchnbubbles.blogspot.com/). When I saw this one I just knew it had to be a kissy, kissy, pucker up....MWAH! card.

I've used the layout from Sketch Saturday for this card - just rotated it by 90 degrees.

So I'm entering it into that challenge.


Thanks for looking.
Sharon xx

18 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh they're both gorgeous but my fave is the beautiful birds.
luv
Debby

Wilma said...

stunning card Sharon - love the shades of pink and blue you had used and the image is so sweet and beautifully coloured!:) xx

Deanne said...

These cards are both awesome Sharon! Such beautiful details! Beautiful colouring as always!

xx-Deanne

scrappyjan said...

Hi Sharon, First I am so glad that you are starting to feel better sweetie. The cards are Beautiful!!! I love how different they both are! The one with the birds is just plain STUNNING!! Love all that ribbon! The little snail on is very very cute! It made me giggle.
hugs, Janiel

Rica said...

Both gorgeous Sharon. Love those bluebirds, fabulous layout and scrumptious details. Those snails are cute and I love what zouve done with them.
Love your new photo by the way.
hugs Heather xx

Kim Piggott said...

Two wonderful cards Sharon!
Stunning work!
hugs
kim x

Elborgi said...

wonderful cards!
Elma

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Both cards are absolutely fantastic Sharon and I am so pleased you liked the colour combo.

Hope you are now feeling better ?

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Di said...

HI Sharon glad you are feeling better hun!! look forward to the light nights and some sun!! yeh!!
Your cards are fab although i love your bird one the image is soo cute and the colours are perfect!! love your flowers too!

Big warm hugs Di xxx

nessy said...

adorable cards ~beautifully made and gorgeous colour combo!
so glad to hear you are feeling a little better
vanessa xx

Maria Matter said...

these are so lovely Sharon!!
you add such sweet details to your makes!

love those kissin' snails!!
Blessings, Maria

Mina said...

they are both stunning Sharon...who makes that beautiful birds image its gorgeous
Mina xxx

Faye said...

Sharon, this is fantastic art work! I love the pinks and blues in the first one and I think the distress ink color is perfect. The second card is just darling. You made 2 wonderful cards.

gina g said...

Beautiful cards Sharon i love the little birds and your beautiful flowers. luv gina xx

Dena said...

These are both totally different and both just wonderful!!! I really like the bird one with all the foo foo la la girly stuff going on, sooooo gorgeous! The second one is totally fun too! Great work!
Hugs, Dena

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous cards, Sharon
The love birds are so beautiful!!
Adorable snails too. Your colouring and details on both are fabulous.

Karen x

Debbie said...

OMG!!! Your cards are amazing! Such detail and breath taking colors!

Tova said...

I love your firts card, it's very beautiful !

Slideshow