Thursday, 25 February 2010

Colour Create...And My Blog Candy Winner

Hi everyone. Well, I sort of fell of the face of the earth for a couple of days, didn't I? Sorry about that but real life things have kind of taken over at the moment. Anyway, I'm back today with my blog candy winner and my Colour Create card.

I won't keep you in suspense over who has won those gorgeous Whimsy carousel horse stamps and the charms....... The winner is:

Rachel (Allsorts and Everything)

Congratulations Rachel. Would you contact me by the e mail address on my profile and I'll arrange for the goodies to be sent to you.

As usual, I'm entering my card into a few challenges:

Friday Sketchers - the Sketch I followed
Saturday Spotlight - Do the Mess Around (Distressing)
Stamp with fun - Stitching
The Corrosive Challenge - Wings
A Spoonfull of Sugar - distress inks
Simon Says Stamp - Vintage with flowers

Before I get to my card, I have to say a fond farewell to two of my Colour Create teamies who it has been an honour and privilege to work with for the past year. Sadly, Jo and Chris are stepping down from the DT. They have both been fantastic friends (both of them have saved my bacon at least once!), have worked so hard and supported me with the challenge and well, you all know how amazing and inspirational their creations have been! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for blessing the challenge with your talents ladies. I wish you good luck and every success for the future. You really will be missed, but I'm sure we'll all pop over to see each other from time to time.

Okay, on to my card. This is my DT card for Colour Create Challenge where our wonderful Janiel has chosen the colours Red, Black and Off White with the optional extra of Silver or Pewter Brads.


We are sponsored by Whimsy stamps today and there is a $15 gift certificate for the prize.


I just had to use one of the new Whimsy Mythical Collection stamps for my card. This is Water Lily. Isn't she gorgeous? She has been designed by Katie Sowa. The sentiment is also from the Whimsy collection designed by Ann (Raindropecho). This one is from the Oval Snippets.


Items Used:
Whimsy Stamps Image and Sentiment
Bearly Mine Papers
Silver Papermania brads
Distress inks: Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Tattered Rose, Antique Linen and Black Soot
Stickles
Peg stamp lily
All the other bits and pieces were from my stash.

Don't forget that some of the Colour Create DT will also be drawing their CC Birthday candy today, so hop over to their blogs to see who has won. Don't forget to stop off at the challenge blog either because there are more winners on there and all the DT inspiration can be seen in the one place.


Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

16 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Ahhh Sharon, thank you for your lovely kind words, they mean so much. It has been such a pleasure working with you and such an honor to be your friend.

Your card is just gorgeous, I love the image you have used and your gorgeous papers and bloom.

Take care and speak to you soon,

Hugs,

Jo xxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is gorgeous Sharon! I Love her in red, beautiful coloring. All the accent details are amazing! :)

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Sharon!!! You are the BOMB!! This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors and those flowers are sooo amazing!! :) Thanks so much for joining with us at Sat Spot this week!! (I've missed seeing you hun!) HUGS

Mina said...

wow Sharon I love that droopy flower in need of water, this is such a gorgeous card, I wish I could distress like this...must try harder I think lol
Mina xxx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is GORGEOUS!! LOVE your choice of color & image! The detail elements are amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight. We do hope to see you again next week!

Di said...

Hi hun blogger wasnt working for me today for me to post a comment earlier.
This is just beautiful i love the distrssing and love the image too!

Hugs Di xxxx

Crystal said...

OH WOW Sharon what an amazing job you did with this awesome image!!! LOVE LOVE your colors, coloring, papers, and details!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

Dena said...

Hey Sharon, I love the way you used the colors! These look great! Awesome layout too!! So many pretty details!
Hugs, Dena

Deb said...

wow Sharon, that is fabulous, love all the beautiful details you added, the stitching is perfect, what was that you were saying about your mojo, it is right there with you! hugs Debx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Sharon beautiful image and wonderful colours and details.
luv
Debby

Biscuitlid said...

such a delicate image - I love it. And I'm loving your wire spiral thingy too, very gorgeous
Hugs
Victoria
still bouncing!
xx

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon,
I just love the image...your details and design are fabulous. Beautiful work!!

Karen x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sharon, what a gorgeous card. Stunning image and your colouring is fab. The papers and stitching are perfect and I love your embellishments. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Rica said...

Gorgeous Sharon, I love how you've used the colours. Brilliant colouring and your details are simply stunning.
hugs Heather xx

Deanne said...

Oh My - this card is stunning Sharon! Really stunning! Love the image and the flower embellishments, and the stitching and the gems and the layers... I could go on and on!

xx-Deanne

Slideshow