Sunday, 7 February 2010

Daring Cardmakers to Get Sketchy in a Secret Spotlight!

I'm late!! Guess who forgot to press the 'publish' button for this post and just left it in draft format? Doh!

I'll get straight to it today and say Woo Hoo! Yes, I have to say thank you to some people before I get on to my card. That lucky streak hadn't quite gone away after all. I'd had the 'icing on the cake' last week with several winnings, but yesterday I got the 'sprinkles' and 'the cherry on the top'!!! Can you guess I'm hungry as I write this? :) I had 2 more wins yesterday so a big thank you goes to Suzi and Vikki's Christmas Challenge for picking one of my cards as the winner for challenge number 2. I'll be doing a 1 week GDT spot with them this coming Saturday. Thanks ladies. Then I had the mega surprise of winning the Basic Grey Challenge and a heap of Magnolia goodies. Wow! Thanks so much; I can't wait to get inky with those. How lucky can one girl get????I was also going to post an award that I've won today, but I'll save that for tomorrow.

Phew! Back to reality now. That lucky streak must be over with.


Today's card is for :

Get Sketchy Challenge - the sketch (rotated by 90 degrees)

Saturday Spotlight - Teeny Tiny (small stamps and pearls)


The Secret Crafter - Monochrome tones of one colour and white (Hope you forgive the little bit of green that crept in there).

This is the New Home card I made for my daughter. It's a bit of a 'back to basics card' with no distressing, roughed edges or sewing. It made a lovely change to do something like this.


Items Used:
Stamp: Freebie with Craft Stamper Magazine September 2009
Card Stock: 3 shades of purple from the Papermill
Prima Hydrangeas and Roses
Lilac Stickles
Distress inks: Dusty Concorde, Milled Lavender, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy
Leone Em Ash Branch punch
Computer printed sentiment
tiny 3mm pearls

Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

19 comments:

{Jane} said...

Beautiful card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Lynda said...

Gorgeous card Sharon. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Lynda xxx

Mel X said...

Lovely card, great layout.

Thanks for joining us this week at Secret Crafter

Mel X

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Christine said...

Hi Sharon stunning new home card great colours thanks for joining us at SCSC

Hugs Christine xx

Biscuitlid said...

ooh this is so funky Sharon, love how you've only coloured one image.

Congratulations on your wins, no luck - just talent!

Hugs
Victoria
x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What wonderful little images! Wonderful job on this creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight. Hope to see you again next week!!

Laurel said...

Beautiful! thanks for playing at GS!

Pumpy said...

Hi Sharon, I love this card, very unusual, also like the coloring of one house only. Lovies. xx

Cathy said...

Fabulous card and great layout.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
Cathy xx

SueH said...

Beautiful card Sharon.
I really love the flowers in the corner……..they’re stunning!

Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmakers this week
Sue
x

*Vicki* said...

Oh Sharon, this is so pretty!! :) Of course I love the colors and the tiny pearls with those flowers are the perfect accent!! :) Thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Crystal said...

Oh my Sharon this is GORGEOUS!!! Lovin these images and those beautiful flowers!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!!!

Kathy said...

Great card, Lovely flower - but then I'm a sucker for such things!

Dora said...

Beautiful work, thanks for playing!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I just love how you incorporated all those tiny images into your design! Gorgeous colors! Thanks for joining us at Sat. Spotlight this week!

~amy~ said...

Lovely take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Get Sketchy!

Jodi said...

What a gorgeous card you have made!! Love the pretty flowers!!
Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Slideshow