Friday, 19 February 2010

Frosted Designs

Now, what seems to have been the recurring theme on my blog for the past week or so? Yes, you guessed it....I have another 'Woo Hoo' and thank you to make. I should have done this yesterday but time was completely against me. So, a big THANK YOU goes out to the lovely ladies at La-la-land Crafts Challenge for picking the Frosted Designs DT card I made last week in their top 3. It was a pleasure to enter your challenge and I am honoured that you picked my card.

Well, I'd better show you this week's Frosted Designs Challenge DT card where the theme today is:

Polka dots and Plaids.

I thought this one was going to be a real challenge for me, but luckily I found the perfect papers so it wasn't as difficult at all. I really enjoyed this challenge and I love the way this card has turned out.

I'm also entering this into:

Sketch Saturday - the fabulous sketch
Crafty Creations - Stitching
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Spring is in the Air (The fairy looks like she is smelling the first flowers of spring)
Papertake - Check this out (the plaids are checks)
Pile it on - Let's See Flowers (The hydrangeas and flowers on the image)
The Pink Elephant - Ribbon (It's all laced up)
Cute Card Thursday - Metal Mania (eyelets and charm)
I love the delicate way the glamour dust adds some sparkle to the flowers in the corner - now why haven't I thought about using that before? I think it also makes the fairy look like she is covered with pixie dust too.


Items used:
Image: Lili of the Valley
Sentiment: Whimsy Stamps
Paper: Bearly Mine
Fairy Charm: Whimsy Stamps
Distress Inks: Milled Lavender, Dusty Concorde, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed
Mark Richards Pearls
Prima Hydrangeas
Glamour Dust
Nestabilities
Eyelets and ribbon from my stash

It would be lovely to see some of you entering this challenge this week to see the creative way you handle polka dots and plaids. I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT have done with this challenge. Please head over there to take a look and leave them some love.

Thanks for looking
Sharon xx

22 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh sharon hun this is beautiful love the image colurs and all that lovely sparkle too stunning colouring too hun hugs cheryl xxxx

pinky said...

Wow Sharon this is just gorgeous, love your papers and colours and the gorgeous image. Well done on your top 3!
Pinky

Beth S said...

This card is beautiful. Love the colours and all the sparkle. You've coloured it perfectly. The texture and layers just add that little bit of extra pop.

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Sharon this is gorgeous! The details are just amazing and your coloring is fab. Love the sketch too, been wanting to try this one. Fab job! :)

Trudi said...

Very pretty Sharon, love the little sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

Scrappy Witch said...

Beautiful card! Breathtaking! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Pink Elephant!

Betty

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Kirsten Alicia said...

Wow, that is completely stunning & so, so gorgeous.

Dena said...

Sharon!!!!! She is beautiful!!! I love all her gorgeous sparkles and she is one of my very FAVS!!!! Perfect card in every way!!!
Hugs, Dena

Audrey said...

What a lovely card. I love how she sparkles and there are so many wonderful details. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharon this is pretty - it's adorable! Love your delicate colour scheme, all your details and your pretty lacing up effect. I have recently bought this stamp and haven't even used it yet ... feeling inspired now :-)
pauline x

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Love this colour combo... the plaids on you paper are great
Thanks for joining in with PTW
Caroline x

Jennifer said...

This is such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at PIO. Hugs!

Rosanne said...

Very pretty!Thanks for Piling It On!

Deb said...

stunning card Sharon, love all the gorgeous details, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations in our stitching challenge this week. Lovely image, beautiful colours and I love the way you have used the eyelets - fab! Cheers Claire x

Lori said...

Hi Sharon ~ This is a beautiful card! The glamor dust is wonderful, the way you've used the eyelets and ribbon with the charms is very creative. I've enjoyed the eye candy :) Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy.
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Lana said...

Such a beautiful creation and I love the design. Thank you fro joining us at PDS
Lana x

Juanita said...

WOW, this is gorgeous. Love all the details you put into this card. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

April Rose said...

I love everything about this card--the cute image, coloring, gorgeous lavender shades, ribbon lacing, and sparkles! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Spyder said...

Just seen this over on Pink Elephant and HAD to come over, it's amazing!! Love everything about it!! and such a wow!!! colour! Gorgeous card ((Lyn))

Slideshow