Monday, 1 February 2010

Janice and Marty's Snowy Day

I was asked recently what my favourite crafting product was and I answered that is had to be my inks. Ever since then I have barely used ink (typical, eh?) except to maybe blend a couple of edges. However, starting with yesterday's card, I picked up the distress inks again and started colouring my images with them. I've coloured today's image with them too.

I'm entering today's card into the following challenges:
Truly Scrumptious - The layout with the optional extra of stitching.
ABC Christmas - C is for Candy (Candy canes have been used)
Susie and Vikki's Christmas Club - Non-traditional (now when do I ever use traditional colours - I love a splash of pink at Christmas) :)
UPDATE - It has also been made as a DT example for the Whimsy challenge at SNR - WSC04 Lots of Frills
I hope by the time Christmas comes most of my friends will know how to set up these easel cards; I'm sure they must be foxing one or two people.
I decided to try stamping and glittering on acetate for this card and here are the snowflakes I made using this method. I love them! They are such a delicate embellishment no matter what size you use. The stamps were inked up with white stayzon and glittered with glamour dust.

Items used:
Whimsy Stamps Janice and Marty's Snowy Day
Penny Black Guiding Star (large Snowflake)
Debbi Moore Snowflake (the small one)
Stampendous Christmas Joy sentiment
Woodware Clear collection Traditional Christmas Greetings (small sentiment and the candy canes)

Papers from Bearly Mine Vol 3
Polar White flowersoft
Glamour Dust, Acetate, White Stayzon, Black Momento Ink, Lace, Gems and Silver elastic from my stash.
Distress inks used: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Dusty Concorde, Faded Denim, Weathered Wood, Black Soot, Brushed Corduroy

Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

18 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
This is stunning Sharon!
hugs
kim x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous, wonderful image and fabulous easel card.
luv
Debby

Samantha said...

Lovely card with lots to look at and lots of elements too, I love my distress inks too! I don't think I could live without them now! lol!
Thanks for joining us with the ABC Christmas challenge this time! Samantha :0)

Rica said...

Just gorgeous Sharon, what an adorable image, beautifully coloured and beautiful papers. Love your snowflakes, they're scrumptious.
Thanks for playing along with us.
hugs Heather xx

Thistleblue said...

wow your card is fantastic! I love the colours, the image and the wee snowflakes are sooo sweet.

well done and good luck in all your challenges. I must find out how to make the easel cards as they look sooo fab!
Have a good day
hugs
Michelle
x

Crystal said...

Sharon oh my word this is beautiful, LOVE LOVE how you used this image and your easel looks amazing!!! Stunning work sweetie!

Biscuitlid said...

gorgeous card Sharon, love the soft blues, just perfect
Victoria
x

Donna said...

Sharon! Hiiiiii its been so long from I've been over to visit, sorry hun, I'm not much on the computer these days, I just upload and leave, your card is so beautiful! Love those snowflakes and your colouring is fab. Hope your keeping well, hugs Donna x

Lori said...

Oh wow Sharon, this is spectacular, I love those snowflakes, gorgeous!!!!

Di said...

Beautiful card this is just sunning! i love your colouring must try distress inks again have tried a few times but not much success. Yours looks great!

Hugs di xxxx

Di said...

Beautiful card this is just sunning! i love your colouring must try distress inks again have tried a few times but not much success. Yours looks great!

Hugs di xxxx

Mina said...

stunning card Sharon, beautifully coloured and fabulous papers...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
Mina xxx

Marion said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful image and those snowflakes are fabulous.
Marion

Cathy said...

Stunnig card Sharon, and what a fab image!
Thank you for joining in the ABC Christmas Challegne this time.
Cathy xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - I love those twinkling snowflakes!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Stunning card Sharon, wonderful image and colours and those snowflakes are beautiful. Thankyou for joining in Susie & Vikki's Christmas club challenge this week and good luck.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) absolutely stunning ,,,, those snowflakes are fantastic ! :-)

thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x

Susie Sugar said...

Sharron this is totally stunning I love your card to bits

Thanks for joining in this weeks Susie & Vikki's Christmas club challenge we hope you will join us again next Saturday
Love Susie xx

Slideshow