Saturday, 13 February 2010

One post, Two Cards, a DT and a GDT triangular easel card

I have two cards for you today, one is a DT card and I also won a GDT slot so I'm showing the card I made for that too (both challenges go live at the same time). I think my blog is getting as busy as my life!
The first card is also being entered into the following challenges:
Stamp Something - Something Cute
Cute Card Thursday - In the name of Love
Daring Cardmakers - Have A Heart
Polka Doodles - Hearts and Flowers
This is my DT card for the One Stop Craft Challenge. Today our wonderful Chrissie has given us a superb sketch to follow and it is definitely one that I will use again and again. The girlies on the DT have made some superb creations this week so it is definitely worth popping over to the challenge blog to take a look.

Items used:
Basic Grey paper
Penny Black image
Martha Stewart punch
Prima bling swirls
Flowers, mini bling, ribbon from my stash
Distress inks: Black soot, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concorde, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick.

Susie and Vikki's Christmas Club GDT Card
My second card is a GDT card for Susie and Vikki's Christmas Club Challenge where the theme for this week is 'Anything Goes'.
This card is a result of one of those light bulb moments. You all know how I love my easel cards, don't you? Well, I decided to try out a triangular shaped easel card. This shaped card would make a fantastic Christmas Tree card and I'm sure someone will get around to making a tree card before I have the time.

Susie and Vikki are being sponsored by Elephantastic and I've used one of their images (Sketchy Snowman) for this card
Items Used:
Bearly Mine papers and the calendar
Elephantastic digi image
Silver elasticated ribbon
Penny Black snowflake stamp
Inkadinkado border stamp
Starlight embossing powder
Distress inks
Glamour Dust,
Ribbon.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon

25 comments:

Nicola said...

Two gorgeous cards Sharon. Fabulous colouring to super cute image on 1st card and the ribbon treatment is awesome. Wow your tree easel card is fantastic - ooh you are starting a whole new trend.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cheryl said...

wow these are stunning adore the papers,and super detail too hgus cheryl xxxx

Crystal said...

Oh Sharon these are amazing!!! Your work just amazes me girl!!!! BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS!!! WOW WOW WOW!

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Such fantastic cards Sharon!
Fabulous designs and gorgeous colours and details!
hugs
kim x

nessy said...

wow sharon thes etwo cards are amazing ~gorgeous and beautifully created!!
hope you are enjoying your weekend
vanessa xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Sharon,i love your images and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Christine said...

Wow Sharon love the shaped card but the lilac hedgie is my fav..great colours & fab layout love it.

Hugs Christine xx

Biscuitlid said...

ooh Sharon two super creations, I love the triangle easel card, what a great idea to make a tree one too.

Hugs
Victoria
x

Deb said...

fantastic cards Sharon, so love your triangle easel card, it looks amazing as a christmas tree! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

Yogi said...

cute. love the hedgehog. Nice triangle easel card too

Rufus said...

Wow, two great cards and two new ideas! I love the ribbon in the first card and the triangle shape makes a really nifty easel card. Great details.
R/

cats whiskers said...

OMG these are just so sweet dear, what a great images and perfect colour choice.
Sorry been MIA lately should be back to normal soon.
Happy Valentines Day
Hugs Jacqui x

Regina said...

ABSOLUTLEY amazing, I love these cards - perfect in every way.

Donalda said...

Wow girl you sure are a busy little stamper. Such beautiful cards I have saw while catching up dear. Just gorgeous

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card but the triangle easel card certainly has the the wow factor.
luv
Debby

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Sharon fantastic and very unique card (think you may start a new fashion with this one) I love it , great shape and fab colouring
Thank you so much for being Our guest designer this week it has been lovely having you as part of the team
Hugs Susie xx

Erin... said...

2 fabulous cards!!! I really love the purple on the first and that fun sparkle thru the bow! Thanks for sharing your cute with us at Stamp Something this week!

Kerry said...

I love your sprays of flowers and I've never seen a triangle easel card before. Fantastic creations. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Pauline C said...

2 gorgeous cards Sharon - really love the lilac colour scheme on the fab PB one.
Pauline x

Fabiola said...

superbe choix de couleurs j'aime beaucoup

Nettie said...

Wow is all I can say. Both are absouletely stunning. Fab use of colours and embellishments.x

Dolly said...

fab creations. the triangular easel card is really effective, never seen one before. :)x

Ellephantastic Cards and Crafts said...

Hi, I've come to say wow to your lovely card using my snowman digi. Loving you papers & colours & I'd nver have thought of doing an easel card a different shape. Its fab x

Tip Top said...

Fantastic cards! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Fliss said...

Really lovely work. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles hearts and flowers challenge.
x

Slideshow