Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Penny Black meets Lili Of The Valley

Good morning everyone. Well, there seems to be a bit of a theme going on with me again this week. This is the second beige/orangy red colour combo card. Sorry; it's just that I had so many papers out when starting to make my Magnolia card
that I had to use some of them on another card.

Okay, so the title of this one gives it away........I'm entering this card into:

Penny Black Challenge - Someone Special
Lili of the Valley - Sketch (I've rotated it by 90 degrees)
I really fancied using some ripped and embossed vellum for a change and I love the way the background paper shows through it.


I've used quite a lot of different techniques/elements on this card.

The tag and the image were distressed slightly with Dried Marigold blended around the edges. I then used a Tim Holtz stamp inked up in Versacolour (Bisque) to make a background (I had to mask over the main image to do this). After colouring the main image with distress ink, and stamping the sentiment and swirls onto the tag, I covered them both with crackle glaze.


The other techniques I've used are embossing, ripped edges, sewing, distressing. Hopefully all these give a bit of added dimension to what could have been quite a 'flat' card.


Items Used:
Penny Black - Delights
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Eclectic Collages
Do Crafts Whispers Words
Personal Impressions Swirls and Flourishes
DCWV Far East paper
Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder
Prima Hydrangeas
Distress inks: Tattered Rose, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Dried Marigold.
Versacolour inks: Bisque and Brown
Velum, Crackle Glaze, pin, ribbon, eyelet and fibres from my stash.

Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

14 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sharon this is so totally fabulous!
Love all your different techniques they all work beautifully!
Gorgeous papers and love your sweet image!
hugs
kim x

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is stunning really love the colurs on this,great detail and wonderful image too hugs cheryl xxx

cats whiskers said...

Wow this really is a stunning card thanks for joining LOTV this week
Hugs Jacqui x

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Sharon, wow what a stunning card, just adore that penny black image and the crackle effect looks very effective. The distressing look is fabulous. Have a great day hugs Linda x

nessy said...

oh so cute!! love this pb image and love the papers and all the detail!striking tag sharon!!
vanessa xx

Steph said...

Wow, I absolutely love it! Fab colours and I love the ribbon and embellies you've used x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon.

Hugs Riet.x

Crystal said...

Oh Sharon this is gorgeous, love your card and this darling image!

Fabiola said...

vraiment très jolie!

Kath said...

wow sharon....absolutely gorgeous........thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxx

CraftyC said...

Wow Sharon, its gorgeous and I just love the papers. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge
Clairex

Nicola said...

Wow Sharon what a stunning creation. Loving all your expertise with various techniques, gorgeous papers and the rotaion of our sketch.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Pauline C said...

Amazing card Sharon - love the distressing and crackling techniques - superb! Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Cute! cute! cute!! I love the ribbon too! perfect!

Slideshow