Sunday, 14 February 2010

Some more news

Hi everyone. Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend. I had a wonderful day yesterday visiting my daughter at her new flat. The furnishings are really coming together nicely now. We had a walk along part of the harbour at Newhaven (her flat is right on the seafront) and found a fabby fishmongers so I came home with some lovely fresh fish. We also had a trip into Eastbourne because she needed some new net curtains for her bedroom. But all I kept thinking was, we're going the wrong way! You see, if we had travelled inland instead of along the coast we would have ended up at the Glitterpot. Oh, so near and yet so far! Never mind, I'll have to fit that into the next trip ;o)

When I arrived home last night I did my usual thing.....turn the PC on and (as fast as possible) look at what challenge themes have been posted for the day. What a double surprise I got! The first surprise came when I clicked on the link to the Penny Black challenge - Woo Hoo! My name had been pulled out of the random generator. Thank you so much ladies. I have been trying to win that challenge since I started my blog in September 2008. Mind you, I always have fun when I enter that challenge because the themes are fab.

Then I clicked on Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential. The new home card that I had made for my daughter had been picked in the top three! What a fantastic end to the day. Thanks to the DT for picking my card. What an honour.

Now for the good news ......... you'll probably all be very relieved to hear that I'll be taking it a bit easy with challenges this week. That's not to say I won't be posting cards, because I will, but I won't be entering quite so many challenges. I've had a wonderful run of luck recently and I'm really thankful for all my winnings and the recognition my cards have received. But now it is someone else's turn to be lucky.

More News. Whimsy Stamps have a fabulous new release of stamps coming out this week, so tomorrow and Tuesday I'll be giving you some sneak peeks and so will some of the other Whimsy DT members. I love sneak peeks! I do hope you can pop back to have a look. The new stamps will be available on Wednesday 17th February.

Hugs,
Sharon xx

3 comments:

pinky said...

Well done on your wins this week, had two myself! Pity you missed out on the glitterpot, but think of the money you saved.
Pinky

Cheryl said...

well done on your wins hun mind you am not surprised as your work is brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxx

Pauline C said...

Well done on your wins hun - well deserved :-)
pauline x

Slideshow