Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Happy Cake Day

Well, here's a fruity little number today. I had a bit of spare time on Sunday so I headed into the craft room and this is what I created.
I'm entering this one into the Crafts 4 Eternity challenge where there is a sketch and a recipe of adding a ticket and some ribbon.

I'm also stretching this one to be for Saturday Spotlight - Hey Girlfriend - because this is on it's way to one of my friends. Well, it's nice to remember their birthdays, isn't it? Do I get away with that one? I used that old favourite of mine, the Love Fluff Heart stamp to create a border around my backing paper by just inking up the top of the heart. I've also added some glamour dust to the image, but I couldn't pick up all the shimmer with the camera.

Items used:
Image stamp from Kraftin' Kimmie
Love Fluff Large heart stamp
Magnolia strawberry paper and strawberry brad
Bearly mine red spotty paper and ticket
White satin ribbon, netting and flowers from my stash.
Distress inks: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Shabby Shutters, Frayed Burlap, Fired Brick
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

18 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Suzette said...

This is beautiful Sharon, love that image as well and fab papers. Thanks for joining us at C4E.

Suzette x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Sharon,
This is gorgeous. I love that image & your paper are delish! There is so much fabulous detail on this, I love it!
Hugs,
Andie xx

Faye said...

Welcome to C4E! And what a beauty you've started with, it's amazing! Love the little ribbon buckle. x

pinky said...

Sharon I absolutely adore this card, the colours are just gorgeous and your image is so cute. Love how you stamped the edges, very effective. Thanks for joining us at C4E.
Pinky

Crystal said...

Sharon this is just soooo beautiful, LOVE this image and these fabulous colors!!! Beautiful work as always sweetie!

Cheryl said...

wow this is amazing hun such a wonderful detailed card adore the image too hugs cheryl xxxxx

Biscuitlid said...

gorgeous and I can see you've decorated up the inside too. I need that stamp lol!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Tasha said...

gorgeous card Sharon, this is an awesome image. Loving the papers and ribbon
love tasha xx

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous card Sharon ~ luv the fab image & lush papers ~ ace layout too xx lizzy xx

Michele Spera said...

what a wonderful card! I love the ribbon buckle:-) really nice job:-) thank you for playing at C4E this week:-)
XMichele S

*Vicki* said...

Oh Sharon, this is so darling!!! I know that your friend will LOVE it!! These images are too darn cute and I love your pretty touches you've added too girl!! :) Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your colors and the image!!!
What an awesome take on the Saturday Spotlight Challenge! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Vicki's Blog said...

Wow what a beautiful card I love everythig about it..
Vicki

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Sharon
your card is beautiful thanks for joining us on C4E, love the buckle on the ribbon and of course the KK stamp is gorgeous.
Christine x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Super birthday card for your friend!

Jodi said...

Gorgeous and adorable!! Love the color choice and all your wonderful details, she will love this! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!
Hugs
Jodi =)

michele said...

gorgeous card sharon thanks for joining us at c4e hugs xx

Slideshow