Saturday, 13 March 2010

Hippo Birthday

Woo Hoo! What a great way to start a post off! Why am I saying Woo Hoo? Well, I forgot to say a BIG THANK YOU to the lovely DT over at Tellen's Place because they picked one of my creations as a winner. Thank you so much ladies, and I'm sorry it has taken me so long to say Thanks.

Today's card is my DT card for One Stop Craft Challenge. Our lovely Nikki has chosen a fantastic theme of

Spots and Dots

I loved this theme and I have polka dot papers for spots and a big dotty pattern in my flower for the dots.

I'm going to enter this card into:
Mojo Monday - the fantastic sketch
Kaboodle Doodles - Happy Birthday
Die Cuts R Us - Make your own paper flowers
Crafty Creations - Make Your Own Flowers
Pixiedust Studio - Buttons and Flowers

I apologise for the photo - it was one that I took by electric light and I didn't have time to re-take it.

This is also another sneak peek - I bet you're wondering how! See those fantastic swirls on the pink layer? That is one of the accessories that will come with one of the new Whimsy carousel horses that are launched tomorrow. Aren't they fab? Don't forget that some of the Whimsy DT are giving away some candy again today.

Items used:
Bearly Mine papers
Whimsy Hippo stamp
Whimsy Sentiment
Nestie Scallop Circles
Stickles
Distress inks: Black Soot, Tattered Rose
Hobbycraft leaf punch
Papermania button
Pebbles Inc. Ribbons
Gems, pins and thread from my stash.

I hope you'll have the chance to join in with the challenge this week. Please take a look at the beautiful creations that the rest of the talented design team have made. (sending big get well hugs to Gina!)
I'll be back later with the winner of my candy from yesterday.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

12 comments:

Kim Piggott said...

Wow!
Such a fabulous card Sharon!
Your colouring is superb and I love your gorgeous design!
hugs
kim x

Cheryl said...

wow this is brilliant hun love that image and such super detail hugs cheryl xxxxx

Jill said...

What a fun Hippo! Lovely card. Thanks for joining in Kaboodledoodles this week. Jill

Enfys said...

Fab card Sharon, love that image
Have a lovely weekend,
big hugs
En xx

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

This hippo makes me so happy Sharon! Great job!!! Glad you joined us at DCRU this week!

Sammye Jo - DCRU DT

CraftyGirl said...

LOVE this card!! It cracks me up! The image is too cute and your mix of colors and bling makes it tooooo adorable!
Barb :)

Cara said...

Hi, Sharon...what a fun card and I love your flower made out of Nesties! So clever!
Cara DCRU DT

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Fabulous card, Sharon!! I love your paper flower and all the sparkle!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DCRU this week!!
Sheri
DCRU DT

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week in our flowers challenge! Lovely project! Cheers Claire x

Heather Schlatter said...

This is so so cool I love the creation and all that gorgeous purple that you used too!!! Lovely and so glad that you played in the challenge this week with us!!!

Heather
DCRU DT

LORi said...

Not only GORGEOUS (great sparkle effect BTW) "butt" also FUN!!! Love it!! Thanks for sharing with us at Die Cuts R Us this week!!

DCRU Hugs - LORi

Lilacanglia said...

I love this Hippo,
super card,
Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles.
Hugs
Angie

Slideshow