Saturday, 6 March 2010

KK Skating

This year I'm determined to keep a few Christmas cards coming each month because I really don't want to be the stressed out wreck that I was last Christmas :) It was all my own fault for not being organised, so this year is going to be different.
My card today is a DT card for the One Stop Craft Challenge where our lovely Maggie has picked the theme of Sew Simple.
I'm also going to enter this into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Buttons, Bows, Brads and Bling (any combination of these. I've got 3 of those 4 - just haven't got a button)
I've used one of the lovely images by our sponsor this week The Stamping Boutique. She is called KK Skating and I loved colouring her up. I had to use some silver stickles on the 'fur' of her outfit and I love the way that it looks like tinsel.

I've used another masterboard for the background of this card, in the same way as yesterday's card and tutorial, only I used different coloured inks and stamps.

Items used:
The Stamping Boutique - KK Skating
Bearly Mine CD 1 Bonus Tickets
Silver Stickles
Martha Stewart border punch
Pearls, Eyelets, Ribbons, Brads and Charm from my stash
Distress inks: Weathered Wood, Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Frayed Burlap
Masterboard stamps are a mixture of different snowflake stamps.

Please take a look at the fantastic projects that the OSCC DT ladies have made; they are gorgeous this week.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

13 comments:

gina g said...

Morning Sharon Fabulous card i love the fun image and great colour combo too. luv gina xx

Thank you for the award i will put it on my blog a bit later. xx

Melisa Waldorf said...

Great idea! I always say I'm gonna make them along the way, but not doing so good at prioritizing that goal yet this year. Thanks for the reminder. I LOVE your non-traditional colors! and your use of brads for lacing is so cute and just perfect for this image! Thanks so much for playing along with Creative Belli this week and we hope you will join us again!

Crystal said...

Sharon WOW WOW WOW this is amazing girl!!!! I LOVE your ribbon with the eyelets what a fab idea, I will totally have to remember that...thanks for the inspiration sweetie...Your colors, nesties, pearls everything is truly beautiful!

CraftyGirl said...

Good for you for being organized enough to work this far ahead!! I don't think I will ever get there!! I love that you used non-traditional colors for a christmas card... it is absolutely adorable!
Barb :)

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Sharon - love your stamped background!
Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly!
Helen x

Andrea said...

oooh sharon, what a wonderful card
love what you did with the colorcombination
hugs andrea

Tara said...

Such a lovely card Sharon and the colours are fab! Love your choice of embellies and flowers too, this is scrummy!
Hugs Tara xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Biscuitlid said...

wow - you're churning out some stunning stuff this week Mrs! Love this card and the background and teh stickles. Whenever I use it I get a thin smeared mess - can't quite master it!
Tigs
x

Rufus said...

Love the way you "laced" up the eyelets! Great card and great idea to make a couple of Christmas cards a week so not crazy in November!
R/

Nicola said...

Ooh the fur does look like tinsel Sharon and this adorable image is coloured to perfection. Love your colour combo and reckon I must take a leaf out of your book and start my chrissie cards asap. Lucky you having sunshine, we have had 3 months of rain with only the odd day off sunshine.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute....such beautiful coloring on that adorable image and I love how you used the eyelets!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh wonderful card, and FABULOUS image! Thanks for joining us in the belli Challenge!

Slideshow