Sunday, 7 March 2010

Layers and Layers

I woke up to brilliant sunshine again today; I love it when the sun shines because everyone seems so happy. That makes 3 days of sun in a row now so it seems like spring is finally on its way. Woo Hoo!

I'm so pleased that I had time to make a card for the following challenges:


Penny Black - Easel Card

Create 4 Fun - the sketch layout

Polkadoodles - Wings


Today's card has lots and lots of layers in it and instead of using lots of different papers, colours and patterns, I've used the same paper for each layer and I'm pleased with the way it has turned out. This another one that is going to be popped into the Christmas box (and I think I already know who will receive it- but I can't tell you)


Items used:
Penny Black - Angel Cat
Stampendous - Joy to the world
Inkadinkado Christmas Borders
Papers Bearly Mine
McGill 1-1.5 inch Pine Punch
Kaleidoscope Embossing powder
Distress Inks: Dried Marigold, Black Soot, Weathered Wood, Antique Rose
Glamour Dust.


Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

21 comments:

Bernadet said...

What a lovely card Sharon!
Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge this week.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card sharon.

Hugs Riet.xx

Debs said...

Beautiful card, love the icy colours. Debs xx

COCO said...

Oh waouh , you card is very wonderful !!
come on in my blog , I organizes a little blog candy .
hugs coco

Nicola said...

Wow those layers are awesome Sharon and what a brilliant idea to use the same paper - so effective. Your image and details are adorable.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Nettie said...

This really is a gorgeous card. I love the image too. I agree about the sun shining, it just makes you feel like you can do more too.x

**Leanne Marie** said...

Hey..Just Thought Id Pop By And Say You Have A Great Blog Here!!
Keep Up The Good Work Hun!!
Ive Just Started A New Blog :D
Love Leanne
xXx

brenda said...

Hi Sharon

A lovely easel card, still one of my favourtie shapes.

Thank you for joining in my theme at Polkadoodles.

B x

Andrea said...

what a beautiful card Sharon
I love it
groetjes andrea

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow!
This is so very beautiful!
hugs
kim x

Ewelina said...

Sweet card and fab colours.

Biscuitlid said...

loads of layers but kept nice and fresh looking too, love what you've done with the branch punch

'Boing'
x

Cynthia said...

Simply stunning, love all the detail you've put into your card.
Cheers
Cynthia

cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi sharon, fabulous and fun what more can you ask, thanks for joining in at polkadoodles this week ju x

Rufus said...

Your card today is just gorgeous! Really like all the layers done in the same papers. Love the image and the punch. Really, really like the paper! In fact WOW!
R/

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable Sharon, love the sweet image and fab details.
luv
Debby

Kath said...

such a beautiful easel card sharon...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxx

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

A beautiful card. I just love cats and this image is just adorable. A clever use of layers too, well done.

Luv Dee xxx

Kerry said...

Absolutely lovely and the kitty is so cute. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along in our wings challenge at Polkadoodles. Fab card - great image and love the branches! Cheers Claire x

katesacraftybugger said...

ah what a cute kitty , thanks for joining us at polkadoodles again this week

Slideshow