Saturday, 20 March 2010

Let It Shine!

Okay! I admit it! I've been a really bad blogger recently. Work has been pretty intense and it's left me with little time to comment and browse everyone's blogs (also not helped my my intermittent Internet access this last week). Anyway, I'm going to put that right starting today and starting with everyone that leaves me a comment. I'll be hopping around on and off today, leaving comments wherever I can, and I'll keep it up throughout the week too.


Well, that's my confession over so I'll get to today's card. This one is my OSCC DT card where I set the challenge this week called:

Let It Shine!

We'll be looking for lovely shiny projects all full of gloss, glitter or glaze etc. So get that sparkly, shiny stuff out and have some fun!


The true shine shows up better in the picture below. This card was inspired by a fantastic tutorial by the uber talented Kim Piggott. She is one amazing crafter and I would love to make a card as beautiful as hers....(must keep practicing). Thanks so much for the tips Kim.


I'm going to enter this one into the following challenges:


Creative Card Crew - Going Dotty (The background paper has swirls made of dots and the dark blue paper is dotty too)

Crafty Creations - Spots and Dots (The background paper has swirls made of dots and the dark blue paper is dotty too)

Sophisticat Challenge - New Beginnings

Pollycraft Challenge - Sparkly Things



Items Used:

Image: Whimsy Stamps 'Proud Momma'. The two sentiments and the swirl come with this stamp.

Papers: Bearly Mine

Charm: Whimsy Stamps

Distress Inks: Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans, Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo

Glamour Dust

Prima Roses

Hearts, fibre ribbon and mini star buttons from my stash

We're sponsored today by Whimsy Stamps and the lovely Denise will be giving a $15 gift certificate to this week's winner.




Please take a look at the lovely shiny things that the rest of the talented DT have created.


Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

17 comments:

Lizzy said...

Hi Sharon! another stunning card from you hun :o) Luv the image & soft delicate colours ~ fab layout too xx lizzy xx

Tara said...

This really is a beautiful card Sharon and all that sparkle and shine looks amazing!
Have a lovely weekend ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh what a beautiful card Sharon!
hugs
kim x

Shelley said...

This is a gorgeous card Sharon and very shiny. I love the colour scheme you have used and that image is adorable.
Hugs Shelley xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card Sharon, beautiful image.
luv
Debby

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's beautiful! I love the design and all the fabulous sparkle!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Fabulous card, Sharon!! Love the icy blue colors you have used and all the sparkle and shine. The baby shoe charm is a perfect touch too! Great job on the "dotty" challenge. So happy to see you joining in the fun with us at the Creative Card Crew!

Hugs,
Linda

Crystal said...

Sharon this is soooo beautiful!!! AWWW the shine and sparkle is totally AWESOME!! What a fabby creation!

Biscuitlid said...

fab card Sharon, for a minute I thought you were going to stop at Creative Card Crew!

Love the image and gorgeous colouring

Hugs
Victoria
x

Moshie said...

I love easel cards and this one is absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Sophisti-cat this week.
Hugs,Diana

Pauline C said...

Beautiful shiny card Sharon - fab easel and love your colouring and sparkle. hope you're keeping well hun
Pauline x

gina g said...

Hi Sharon You already know that i love this card it such a beautiful image and i love colours. Thanks for joining the Sophisti-cats Challenge this week. luv gina xx

CraftyGirl said...

Sharon... love the sparkle!! But you know me... I am all about bling!! Seriously though... this card is gorgeous!! But then again, every one you do is!! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!
Barb :)

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wowzers, this is stunning! I love the blues first of all (my fav. colour) but just the whole creation itself - you have really done an awesome job!

Donna said...

Stunning card sharon, you have coloured this is image beautifully, I love the sparkle this card gives :) Donna x

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along this week at crafty Creations with your beautiful project! Fab image and lovely colours. Cheers Claire x

*Vicki* said...

Sharon, this is absolutely GORGEOUS hun!! I love it!! HUGS

Slideshow