Tuesday, 23 March 2010

LOTV 49, Digital Whimsy and a DT call

I've had a few days off from posting things to my blog and the reason why will become clear at the end of this week. Let's just say that there are a few 3d and non-card items coming up (some of them do have a card too).

But today I have just a card for the Lili of the Valley challenge where there is a fantastic sketch to follow. I loved this sketch so I may well be back next week using it again (with a LOTV image).

I think this card would be perfect for a little girl's birthday, so I'm going to stash it away for when one of my daughters spring the surprise of a "I need a card tomorrow for...."

Items Used:

Image and Sentiment from Whimsy Stamps

Papermania Papers

Prima flowers

Hobbycraft raffia ribbon

Hobbycraft dragonfly punch

Stickles

Distress Inks: Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Antique Linen, Weathered Wood, Black Soot, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint

Ribbon from my stash.



Oh, before I sign off..... EXCITING NEWS!!!

Whimsy will be introducing a digital line of images in a few weeks. So for those of you that prefer digital, you can read all about it HERE.

Also, one of the Whimsy illustrators, Crissy Armstrong, is starting up a new digital challenge and she is holding a DT call at the moment. You can find out more about the Sundays with Crissy HERE.


Thanks for looking,

Sharon xx

18 comments:

Lizzy said...

Stunning card from you again Sharon, fab image,colours & papers & luv the lace xx lizzy xx

POPPET said...

This is lovely, a great image in fab colours,a great take on our sketch, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time hugs Pops x

Andrea said...

ooh what a gorgeous card
hugs andrea

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Sharon, sweet image and pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Craftypagan said...

Soooo pretty! Love your colouring and the colour combo you used-so fresh!

Crystal said...

Sharon this is beautiful, I LOVE the doilie you used...She looks beautiful!! What a lovely card!

Rainmac said...

Ooohhh that's beautiful, gorgeous image and colours x

Cheryl said...

oh sharon once again you have made one stunning card just love it such a beautiufl image and super detail hugs cheryl xxxxx

*Vicki* said...

Oh wowzer!! Sharon, this is so so gorgeous!! I love it!!! HUGS

CraftyGirl said...

Sharon.. this card is too gorgeous for a little girl!! I would not want to send it off to one of my daughters friends because I know they couldn't possibly appreciate all the hard work and detail!! You're a good person! This card is gorgeous!
Barb :)

Mina said...

oh wow cant wait for the Whimsy digis to come in...stunningly gorgeous card Sharon, amazing colouring and I love the doily
Mina xxx

Cheryl said...

hi hunny just wanted to say hi,so glad I know somone who is on the team with me hugs cheryl x

stunning work hun xxxx

Deb said...

such a gorgeous card Sharon, love the sweet image and your colouring is fabulous, hugs Debx

Davi said...

Beautiful Card Sharon, Love the lovely image, the lace frame and colors. Looking forward to working with you on the Pixie Cottage Team. blessings davi

Grenouille Greetings said...

Fabulous card! Brilliant colouring - especially the girl's hair and I love the layout too! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Tanya Rudd said...

This is really pretty! I am glad we are going to be working together. I look forward to seeing all your Pixie creations.
Hugs
Tanya

Dawny P said...

What a beautiful card - love the colours and the doily and it's a great take on the sketch chick :) Thank you for joining us over at LOTV, hugs, Dawny xxxx

Nicola said...

This is such a beautiful card and wonderful take on our sketch Sharon,your image and colour combo are adorable. Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Slideshow