Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Barnie in spring

I have to do a quick thank you and say 'Woo Hoo!'. My first DT card for the Pixie Cottage last week made the top 5 at MelJens first challenge. Thanks so much for chosing that card to showcase ladies.

You are going to be blown away by the cards that the DT have made for this week's Pixie Cottage Challenge; they are gorgeous!

Remember that you can use the sketch / the theme/ or both to enter the challenge. We have a fantastic sketch by our guest designer this week and the theme is buttons. For my DT card I used the sketch and added tiny flower buttons all around the scallop.
I'm going to enter this into the following challenges:

My Time to Craft - Pretty Petals

C.R.A.F.T. - Buttons

Allsorts - Petals and Pearls

Crafty Ann's - Let the sun shine in (without the sun Barnie wouldn't be outside smelling the flowers)


Items used:
Image: Barnie in Spring
Nestabilities - Oval, Circles and Scallop Circles
Papers: Tim Holtz Ideology Vintage Shabby
Prima flowers: Hydrangea and roses
Magnolia flower
Leone Em Maidenhair punch
Buttons
Pearls, silver cord and ribbon from my stash
Distress Inks

Thanks for looking and I hope you'll find time to play with the Pixies this week.
Sharon xx

20 comments:

Rach said...

Well done Sharon on making the top five hun,
love your card sweetie, that bear is so adorable.xx

brenda said...

Hi Sharon

A really pretty card and what an interesting effect you have created by placing an oval in the circles. I would never have thought of doing that but it adds real interest.

Thank you for joining in my Petals adn Pearls theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet card Sharon.
luv
Debby

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow I absolutely love your dp paper selection. Those colors go so beautifully together. Your pearls and buttons are just perfect for this lovely card. Well done!
Denise
Pixie Cottage DT

Kim E said...

What a beautiful card. I love all of the tiny pearls and buttons. And your flowers are just gorgeous!! Thanks for helping us
"let the sunshine in" at Crafty Ann's this week. Hugs, Kim

Kim E said...

What a beautiful card. I love all of the tiny pearls and buttons. Your flowers are just gorgeous!! Thanks for helping us "let the sunshine in" at Crafty Ann's this week. Hugs, Kim

Tanya Rudd said...

FABULOUS! Love the tiny buttons.
Hugs
Tanya

Chrissie said...

Such a gorgeous card Sharon, I love the colour palette on this, your flowers are beautiful and what an adorable image.
Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge.

artish said...

Barnie loves your field of flowers!! i love your whole card!
congrats on last week's card's WIN!!!

Trimgym said...

Lovely buttons card Sharon, thank you for joining us again at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Ann Whitfield said...

I love your take on our challenge at Crafty Ann's. Your image and papers are wonderful. Thank you for joining us.
Ann x

made by fifi said...

beautiful crd - thank you for joining in the MTTC challenge this week x

Mummylade said...

fantastic colour combination. I'm so glad you entered it in the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

Davi said...

First congrats on top 5 and second this card is wonderful! I love the dp colors and how they make each other pop, the coloring of your image and the flowers, pearls and buttons are a perfect complement!!

coldwaters2 said...

This is stunning the colours and that cute image is the tops thank you for sharing this with us at Crafty Ann's
Hugs
Lorraine x

Priscilla said...

Hi Sharon :) thank you for such a warm welcome. I had a lot of fun playing with you guys this week..Your card is so darn cute..I just love it..you are so talented. Love those tiny buttons too. Loved the visit to your blog too. I will have to come back and visit more, because you do outstanding work.
Priscilla

Anne said...

A super cute card in beautiful colors! Love all the details on it =)

Hugs, Anne

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Sharon, what a lovely card. Barnie is such a cutie. Not come across him before but I am sure I will. Thank you for joining in with Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and we hope to see you again very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Pam said...

Sharon, I am so sorry I thought I had already comment on the recent challenge for my teamies. You did such a wonderful job of making this cute bear come alive. Your color choices, your coloring skills and every little detail is amazing!
Hugs,
Pam

Shelley said...

Hi Sharon

Your card is gorgeous and a great interpretation on Crafty Anns Challenge.
Thanks for joining in.
Hugs Shelley xx

Slideshow