Thursday, 1 April 2010

Been Playing Around

I was playing around with crackle glaze last weekend and I just love this little set that I made. I had no idea if this would work or what it would turn out like but I'm really pleased with the results.
I can even enter these into a couple of challenges!
Papertake Weekly - Fill Your Boots (Anything Goes)
Simon Says Stamp - It's so distressing
Creative Card Crew - Vintage/Aged
Crafty Creations - Anything goes


I made the card as an aperture and stuck the piece that made the window on the front onto the inside with some scrolly, swirly stamps around it.

I made the backing card for both these items by firstly painting the card with crackle glaze (all over). Then, when the crackle glaze was dried, I added vintage photo distress ink all over the crakleglaze and then wiped over the whole surface with a baby wipe. Next I went over the crackle glaze once again using Weathered Wood distress ink....and this is the result I achieved.


Hope you like them too.
Thanks for looking,
Sharon xx

13 comments:

Saskia said...

So beautiful and elegant!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge! Good luck!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow Sharon these are exquisite!
Beautiful creations!
hugs
kim x

Lizzy said...

OH WOWZERS! these are absolutely stunning, no wonder you are pleased with them hun ... WOW WOW WOW xx lizzy xx

Lizzy said...

OH WOWZERS! these are absolutely STUNNING ~ no wonder you are really pleased with them hun ... WOW WOW WOW xx lizzy xx

Paula said...

Oh wow Sharon these are both absolutly stunning i adore the butterflies & colours and the lace is so pretty. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Crystal said...

Totally GORGEOUS Sharon WOW!

Cheryl said...

wow hun stunning work gosh so super detailed to perfection hugs cheryl xxxx

Tanya Rudd said...

I have been into looking at vintage things lately, and this made me stop and go "Wow". Thank you, these are so very pretty.
Hugs
Tanya

Pauline C said...

Wow Sharaon these are fabulous hun - stunning interpretation of the vintage/aged theme. Love everything about these :-) thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge this time
pauline x

Rufus said...

These are really special. Love the colors that you got. That lace with ribbon threaded thru is really pretty. Whoever gets this should be thrilled!!!
R/

Rainmac said...

Wow so, so gorgeous, I love everything x

steph said...

These are lovely! Thanks for joining us for the Papertake Weekly challenge! x

Biscuitlid said...

so pretty Sharon, that crackle glaze is fabbo stuff! I love the wrapping you've done around the frame too, not seen that before.

Thanks for taking part at Creative Card Crew
Hugs
Victoria
x

Slideshow